Monday, August 23, 2021

(Finished August 23rd, 2021) Part 1 of Non-Traditional Love Songs

Hello,

My boss always listens to the best music and today he was listening to 70s rock and The Eagles "Take It Easy" came on. And I heard a line in a different way than I had before. It's this line I gotta know if your sweet love Is gonna save me". I just thought that was an incredibly beautiful line in a song that we all wouldn't consider it a love song. I've also noticed that many 70s rock songs were non-traditional love songs.

 1) Fountains of Wayne "Hey Julie":

2) The Eagles "Take It Easy":

3) Charli XCX "Boom Clap":


4) Jack White "Love Is Blindness":


I had forgotten how good this song is. 5) Pete Townsend "Let My Love Open The Door":


They didn't have a "traditional" relationship, so why would their love story be traditional? 6) John Lennon "Woman":


A powerful love song to a teacher. 7) Lulu "To Sir With Love":


8) John Lennon "Just Like (Starting Over)":


One of the most beautiful non-traditional love songs ever. 9) Rufus Wainwright "Hallelujah":

I'd heard there was a secret chord
That David played and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do you?
Well it goes like this
The fourth, the fifth, the minor fall, the major lift
The baffled king composing Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah


10) Beyonce "Crazy In Love":


A super realistic, no holds barred love song. 11) John Legend "All of Me":


12) Sinead O'Connor "Nothing Compares 2 U":


13) George Ezra "Budapest":


A love song to a city to save a relationship with the woman he loves. 14) Chris Cagle "Laredo":


Although the girl at the heart of this dies the singer/narrator still loves her very much. 15) Sufjan Stevens "Casimir Pulaski Day":


He loves/ desires her, but he's not going to wait forever. 16) Bob Marley and The Wailers "Waiting In Vain":


17) Mumford & Sons "I Will Wait":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites