Saturday, August 6, 2022

(Finished August 6th, 2022) Part 3 of The 102 Best Country Songs of the 1980s

Hello,

I'm going to post the Top 102 greatest 80s country songs mostly in the way I thought of them. Once I hit 102 songs I will go and look at the 102 listed songs and see if there are any other songs that the 103rd song might be better than. If so I will replace the previously listed song. That way I can stay at 102 songs and have truly the 102 greatest 80s songs of all-time. I'm starting to get lazy so I may or may not do that. This isn't a ranking by best songs, that's just too much work. As best as I can these are the 102 greatest 80s country songs.

I may or may not post other great 80s songs by each band listed. All of these artists are so much more than one of the 102 greatest songs of the 80s. Since most of my blogs have 17 songs each I upped this to the 102 Best Songs of the 80s. That would be six blogs with seventeen songs = 102 songs.

This is in conjunction with my Top 102 Best Songs of each decade from the 50s to the 20s. I limited those blogs to the 102 best non-country songs. 

35) Shelly West "Jose Cuervo":


36) Juice Newton "Love's Been A Little Hard On Me":


37) Reba McEntire "Little Rock":


38) Eddie Rabbitt "Drivin' My Life Away":


39) Dwight Yoakam "Little Sister":


40) Keith Whitley "I'm Over You":


41) Hank Williams Jr. "A Country Boy Can Survive":


42) Tanya Tucker "If It Don't Come Easy":


43) George Strait "If You're Thinking You Want A Stranger":


44) Kenny Rogers "Through The Years":

45) George Jones "The One I Loved Back Then":

46) Sawyer Brown "The Race Is On":

47) George Strait "The Fireman":

48) Earl Thomas Conley "Angel In Disguise":


49) Ronnie Milsap "Any Day Now":


50) Juice Newton "Queen of Hearts":


I realize I have a lot more Dan Seals songs than other lists of Top 100 country songs of the 80s. Seals' production of great songs in the 80s was amazing. R.I.P. 51) Dan Seals "Addicted":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites