Saturday, July 24, 2010

2 months anniversary!, Megan Fox

Hello,

Today is the 2 month anniversary of my divorce being final. I cannot believe how fast these two months have gone by. I was thinking about this when two people get married it's "our wedding" or "our marriage". But when one gets a divorce the two people breaks down from a couple into two individuals. You never hear "our divorce" it's always "my divorce".

It's amazing all the feelings one goes through when one gets divorced. I think you learn more about a person when you divorce them than when you marry them. I bet the ex would say the same thing, I bet most exes would say the same thing.

As always I like to express my thoughts musically, here's a couple of thoughts about the 2 month anniversary of my divorce:



Sinead O'Connor is one of our most under appreciated artists. She sings this song like this is something she has dealt with.



I'm trying to stay away from these personal blogs, but sometimes I want to express myself. I find when I don't have to deal with the ex, I feel a lot better. If we didn't have kids, there would be no contact at all by either of us. I try to keep that contact at a minimum.

Here's another video of Sinead O'Connor from the 1989 Grammys. This is apparently when she went through her short lived "sexy" phase. This is an 80's flashback, along with Sinead there is also Billy Crystal. What an amazing voice and song.





Here's one of America's greatest singers singing one of our most classic songs:



More classic Sinead O'Connor songs:





You could say that Sinead is a little angry:





I would have added "Emperor's New Clothes" but couldn't find a video that I could copy and paste. I also purposely skipped her most famous song, you know the song written by Prince.

I have my kids this weekend and we've had a lot of fun. We've eaten good food, went comic book shopping, watched movies in the theater and at home and hung out. Tonight we watched "Transformers 2". It's one of these modern movies with not enough story and too much action. The action is just so over the top that it becomes boring. (The worst movie for this is "Armageddon", one of the worst movies of all-time.) But my kids liked it and we had an enjoyable time, that's all that matters. Another good thing about this movie for me was the gorgeous Megan Fox. Seriously how can one person be so hot?



Also last night I went with my daughter to see "Ramona and Beesus". This is one of those movies one goes and sees because your daughter wants to go see it. (That's the same reason that I've seen "17 Again".) It's about what you expect. It had some funny and cute moments and my daughter absolutely loved it. Although I never have seen a kids movie with so much romance. Older sister hooks up, Aunt B. hooks up, Mom and Dad have struggles but are back to loving each other at the end of the movie.

I have to admit after seeing both of those movies I felt like Fergie. Because both movies have Josh Duhamel, her boyfriend, in them. I felt like Fergie because I spent so much time with Josh D. And that's where the comparisons end, as I can't sing, can't dance and I'm not in one of the coolest bands of all-time.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites