Thursday, July 29, 2010

World Cup is over, still a soccer fan

Hello,

I was flipping channels last night and I came across the MLS All-Star Game. The MLS stars played The English Premier League Team Manchester United. (This team has the same owner as the NFL Tampa Bay Buccaneers.) Manchester United, or Man U as they are sometimes called, manned up all over the MLS all-star team. (I put all-star team in lower caps was because Man U owned them.) Man U scored a goal in the first minute of the match.

While reading about that the article said that the English Premier League starts up next month. I've been thinking about following a team in that league. I'm thinking about following Arsenal, their nickname is the Gunners. However if someone has some information you would like to share with me I'd like to hear it.

Last night I watched "Good Luck Chuck", the unedited version. It had to be the nastiest, filthiest movie I've seen in a long time. Note to self, do not watch movies that say they are unedited. Although the movie was terrible, there was a sweet love story buried in there. It also features the amazingly gorgeous Jessica Alba.

If you are a moral person, this movie is not the one to watch. Other than a few funny moments, the gorgeous Jessica Alba and the great song "You're Gonna Get It" by Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, this movie has no redeeming values. (Did I break the record for longest run on sentence. They are one of my specialties.)



The City & The CityThe City & The City by China MiƩville





I've read about the first 70 pages of this so far. It is a very densely written book. Right now it is a slog to get through. I'm going to give this book another chance but I'm thinking on giving up on it. Has anyone else read his books and do they get better? I don't mind working when reading a book as long as there is a payoff. I read Neal Stephenson's "Anathem" and that was a lot of work. However it also had great characters, great story and a tremendous payoff.

View all my reviews >>

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites