Saturday, July 3, 2010

"Glee" Article, Should Argentina be my World Cup team?

Hello,

The Rolling Stone article that's been getting all the attention lately is the one about Stanley McChrystal, which led to him being removed from his position. I haven't read that article yet, but an article I've read is in the April 15th, 2010 Rolling Stone. The article is by Erik Hedegaard. It's easily one of the worst articles I've ever read.

I'm not sure what his motivation was behind writing this article. He seemed to be very patronizing asking intentionally dumb questions. He was asking Lea Michelle if she peed in the shower? Seriously what kind of stupid question is that? Michelle was mystified with the question and thankfully didn't answer. Then Hedegaard wanted the 4 cast members he talked to to entertain him during their interviews. Why? The whole article was dumb and mean-spirited with no apparent point. I've never seen the show but am interested. That's why I read the article. However Hedegaard is definitely not a fan and doesn't want anyone else to be either.

At the end of the article Hegegaard bemoans the fact that following the interviews he was on the "Glee" set. While there was a break in the filming they ignore him. Duh, your interview questions and your whole slant on the article was stupid.

I will probably read his next article in Erik Hedegaard, but I hope he takes a completely different angle.

World Cup update, I was very surprised that Brazil lost yesterday. They are one of the sports powerhouses. I was considering them as one of the teams to cheer for. A sporting event is always more fun when there's a rooting interest. Brazil was one of the teams that I was thinking about adopting as "my team". With them losing, I think I'll pick Argentina. I love their coach, Diego Maradona. He's one of the greatest soccer players of all-time as well. They are down 1-0 to Germany early though, so maybe that isn't going to work out either.

After Germany's shellacking of Argentina 4-0, I obviously can't cheer for Argentina any more. So I have now picked the Netherlands to win the whole thing. The main reason is I have an ex brother-in-law who lives there. He's a pretty cool guy and it sounds like a really cool country. So I will be cheering for the Netherlands. The Netherlands next play Tuesday afternoon against Uruguay. Uruguay is the team who knocked Ghana out of the competition and Ghana is the team who knocked the USA out of the competition. Follow that?

Also I think that Nirvana is probably the most overrated band of all-time. But there's no denying the greatness of "Smells Like Teen Spirit", especially when the band kicks in.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites