Sunday, July 18, 2010

"The Talented Mr. Ripley" and "Pride and Prejudice"

Hello,

I'm on page 29 of 249 of The Talented Mr. Ripley: This is the book I'm reading while I'm taking a break from "Pride and Prejudice". I've been hooked on this book from the first page. I'm looking forward to reading this book. Even though this book was published in 1955, it has a very modern feel to it. Also after seeing the trailer, the movie looks very cool. I had no interest in seeing this movie when it first came out:



I've read about the first 85 pages of Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" so far and it has become a slog. I'm still trying to get in the rhythm of the writing style and how formal everything is. (Thank goodness things aren't like that anymore.) I had to take a break. I may return to it as I've heard how great this book is the last several years.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites