Saturday, July 17, 2010

"Pride and Prejudice" and "Inception"

Hello,

The book I'm reading now is Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice". I've read about the first 85 pages and I keep wondering when it's going to start getting good? It's been a bit difficult to get in to so far, I'm trying to get in the rhythm of the book. The language and the manners are so different than what I'm used to. I also keep on thinking about Keira Knightley playing the main female character, Elizabeth Bennet. She's a gorgeous woman, but I just can't find a fantastic picture of her.

Here's a picture of her in "P&P":



She's also in "Atonement". Thatt's both an awesome book and a great movie. Ian McEwen is one of our best authors currently working. I loved his "Saturday". Here's Keira from "Atonement":



Here's the trailer of Keira Knightley, uh I mean "Pride and Prejudice".



Now on to "Inception", I was hoping for one of those all-time amazing movies that I couldn't stop thinking or talking about for weeks. Sadly it was not to be. Don't get me wrong, it's a good movie. It has a great cast, great cinematography and an intriguing story. However the movie is about invading people's dreams to steal ideas. Then from that there are dreams within dreams and it all got confusing for me. Also it's a bit long and some parts got a bit boring. There's some attempted humor in it, but it's forced and not funny.

Although in the final 10 minutes the movie really comes together. The ending is pretty cool. The question is is Leonardo DiCaprio still in a dream or is he in reality? The screen goes black before that question can be answered.

Would I recommend it? Yes with a caveat. If you like Christopher Nolan films, Leonardo DiCaprio, great cinematography, great acting and confusing as hell dream sequences.

All right, let's all go back in the semi way back machine. Do you remember this band? They had two great songs and had a moment in the early-90's. Whatever happened to Ned's Atomic Dustbin?

I love, love the following song:



Here's "Kill Your Television" live:



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites