Monday, July 5, 2010

themusicaddict likes Miley Cyrus?

Hello,

The CD I'm surprised that I like is the new Miley Cyrus CD "Can't Be Tamed". Whoever made the CD definitely went to the school of Lady Gaga, her sound is all over this CD. That's a compliment coming from me as I love Lady Gaga. Cyrus' voice sounds pretty good, thanks to some auto-tune I'm sure. I've heard her sing live and she doesn't sound real great. But here she sounds very good and this is a great CD. I think the 17 year old Cyrus should stay far away from the skanky clothes and look. She says it's about female empowerment. Miley I'm sorry that's not true, it's about selling CDs. You'll understand in about 10 years, where's your Dad to help you with that anyway?

This video isn't the best, but I love this song:



This is "Liberty Walk", this song rocks:



I also like this song "Permament December": (sorry the sound is not so good)



This is the great, great ballad "Stay":



Great songs on this CD include "Liberty Walk", "Who Owns My Heart", the title song, "Two More Lonely People", "Permanent December", "Stay" and "Scars". This is the CD she covers Poison's "Every Rose Has It's Thorn". The Cyrus version is definitely interesting. It's the first time I've ever heard the line, "I know I could have saved a love that night, if I'd known what to say."

I don't know why but I've really having a movie watching jones lately. I really wanted to watch a movie last night. The first movie I gave a shot to was "Steele Justice". Within moments I could tell this is a very cheesy 80's movie. It's a poor man's "Rambo". Here's the movie poster:



Here's the tagline for the movie: "When the police needed someone to stop the Vietnamese Mafia, there was only one choice... You don't recruit John Steele. You unleash him. The only law is the Black Tiger's. The only justice is John Steele's."

I love that line, "You don't recruit John Steele. You unleash him." Is it just me or does he look a lot like the John Candy dog character in "Space Balls"? Although that movie has the gorgeous Sela Ward in it, I couldn't watch any more of the movie to see her part. This movie is bad, bad, bad. I don't know if it's intentionally bad or not, but it's bad. Here's a picture of the gorgeous Sela Ward:



Thanks to youtube.com, here's a trailer for "Space Balls".



After that I next moved on to "The Wrong Man", starring Ellen DeGeneres and Bill Pullman. I could only watch about 15 minutes of this movie. I consider myself a pretty big DeGeneres fan, but this is a pretty terrible movie. I use the term "starring" very loosely when it comes to Ellen DeGeneres acting. She's not a very good actress and she's basically playing herself. I had to turn it off after about 15 minutes. I decided to watch one more movie.

The name of that movie is "The Passengers" starring the oh my goodness, she's gorgeous Anne Hathaway.



Now honestly "The Passengers" is a movie I've never heard of, but it's a pretty good movie. Besides Hathaway the next most famous people in it are David Morse and Dianne Wiest. The storyline is very much "Sixth Senseish" with a different twist off that. "Passengers" is a very eerie movie, the music adds to the foreboding and has a great cast. I enjoyed this movie very much and would highly recommend it. Now don't expect too much from it, but just watch it and you'll enjoy it.

Reading: I'm reading the interesting "The Passage". It's received a lot of hype and so far it hasn't lived up to it. I've been a bit disappointed with it so far. I've almost read the first 200 pages of it so far and I realize this is all leading up to the main part of the book. Hell is about to break loose and then I will know how much better of a book it is. This is suppose to be the first of a trilogy, so this whole 766 page book may be leading up to the later two books.

"The Passage" is a vampire book, speaking of vampire books. I'm waiting for the second of "The Strain" trilogy. It's titled, "The Fall: Book Two of the Strain Trilogy". According to amazon.com it will be released September 21st. I have to go to the library website and put it on hold. I'm a big Stephen King fan, but I've never read his vampire novel, "Salem's Lot". I've heard a lot of good things about that book.

Do you remember the band Klymaxx? They sang "The Men All Pause" and "Meeting In The Ladies Room". They also sing this amazing song. I'd forgotten how good this song is:



Coming up a review of ew.com's alleged "10 Hot Songs of the Summer".

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites