Wednesday, February 20, 2013

80's Music: Why Are Hall & Oates Forgotten?, EarlyRise update

Hello,

As any semi frequent reader of this blog knows, I love 80's music. I love how diverse it is etc. However when listening to 80's music now I rarely hear Hall and Oates. And I have no idea why. They were big stars during the mid to early 80s and had several great song. How can a band that has so many great songs be forgotten? Yes, I know they had a song in "500 Days of Summer". But on 80's radio at least, they've mostly been forgotten. I will say that Spotify 80's radio plays them quite liberally. Here are just a few of my favorite Hall and Oates songs.

Hall and Oates weren't just an 80's band, they also had some great songs during the mid to late 70s. One of those songs is "Sara Smile":



"She's Gone":



Here are a few of their 80s hits, starting with "Private Eyes":



This is that song from "500 Days of Summer". "You Make My Dreams Come True":



One of their best songs, but for some reason has been a bit more forgotten than their other songs, this is "Adult Education":



"Out of Touch":



EarlyRise has smashed through their $15,000 kickstarter.com goal and are headed for more money. As of early afternoon today, they are now funded 103%. They will continue accepting money for just a little over 2 days. As of right now $15,499 has been pledged and they have 349 backers. Expect their second CD to be released about December 2013.

Remember all the hype about Buckcherry early in their careers? Many people were wondering if they were going to be the next Guns N' Roses. Looking back that seems laughable now, however they've become a solid band. They have several good songs. That being said I wasn't dying for their new CD to come out. "Confessions" was released yesterday. I have a confession of my own to make, it's really a pretty average CD. It's bland rock and roll. And since they have to show how "real" they are the f-bomb is liberally dropped throughout the record. Now I'm okay with an appropriate f-bomb dropped occasionally. However when it's used too much, it loses it's power. Josh Todd, lead singer, uses it way too liberally. With that much use, he's just appealing to the lowest common denominator music fan.

No comments:

Favorites