Wednesday, February 27, 2013

themusicaddict's Thoughts and Songs About Current Events etc.

Hello,

On the day Stone Temple Pilots have announced that they've fired Scott Weiland, it seems appropriate to have one of their great songs here:

"Interstate Love Song":



Did Bill Gates really say that "coders are today's rock stars"? Um if that's true then who is your favorite coder? They need to put Gates back in wherever they keep him. Sorry Bill but today's rock stars are today's rock stars. That deserves another classic STP song, "Plush".



Facebook takes up way too much of my time, I'm trying to cut back on it. One thing that makes Facebook so addictive is SongPop. One of my favorite things about SongPop is reminding me of songs that I've completely forgotten about. For instance Stacy Lattisaw's "I Found Love On A Two Way Street":



But like many things from the 70s and 80s some things should never come back, for instance this song. I don't even remember this song or it's lame video. Cover your eyes and your ears for Gavin Christopher's "One Step Closer To You":



Ok I need to get the above video out of my head asap, moving on to another current newsmaker Bobby Brown. To no one's surprise Brown will be going back to jail. I wish him luck on "every little step" he takes:

I wonder if this is what he felt about Whitney Houston at one time?: "It blows my mind you would even talk to me, because a girl like you is like a dream come true a real life fantasy"



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites