Saturday, February 16, 2013

themusicaddict's Happy Side Of Love

Hello,

I've tried to break out of my normal videos that I post. Anyway these are songs about the happy side of romantic love. This first song contains one of my favorite lines ever from a rock song: "The best of times are when I'm alone with you."

Styx's "The Best Of Times":



I'm actually going to make this section a whole section of mostly happy Styx songs about love. This is one of my favorite love songs of all-time, "Together":



Styx's "Lady":



Again Prince remains resistant to having his music on youtube.com. So until he does I'm going to have to keep on putting these knock off versions on my blog. This band is Soul of Oklahoma and this is their version of "I Would Die 4 U". Their version is serviceable, but in no way does it capture Prince's original version. Prince Rogers Nelson it's about time to join the 21st century in promoting your music.



Back to original versions. Before we found out what a ditz Paula Abdul was on "American Idol", she was America's sweetheart. Abdul had a string of great songs in the late 80s and the early 90s. This is Paula Abdul's "Forever Your Girl":



Pat Benatar's "We Live For Love":



This is one of the best songs from one of the best CDs of the 2000s. The CD is "Good Girl Gone Bad", the song is "Umbrella":



Lonestar's "Amazed":



Another Lonestar song, this is the very joyous "With Me":



Diamond Rio's "One More Day":



Kenny Rogers also has had several amazing love songs, here are a few. This is probably my favorite of all his love songs:



"You Decorated My Life":



"Lady":



I think this is one of the all-time most amazing songs. All I've ever wanted was a woman who believes in me. "She Believes In Me";



Another amazing song is Joe Cocker's "You Are So Beautiful To Me":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites