Sunday, February 17, 2013

themusicaddict's Sad Side of Love

Hello,

I'm not sure what it says about me that my list for sad love songs is longer than my happy love song blog. Enjoy!

One of the saddest love songs ever, a song that seems to be about losing a significant other in 9/11. It's a song from my favorite Springsteen CD "The Rising". (Although I'm quite liking "Wrecking Ball" a lot now as well.) "Lonesome Day":



Another similarly themed song from the same CD. This is "You're Missing":



From songs by Springsteen, to a song about Springsteen and certain associations that come with those songs. Eric Church's "Springsteen", one of the greatest country songs ever.



Another one of country music's greatest songs. This song was incredibly popular as I was going through my divorce. It took several months before I could listen to it and it not dredge up a bunch of pain. Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now":



Sticking with the theme of classic country sad love songs, Willie Nelson's "You Were Always On My Mind":

,

A word of advice about divorce, if at all possible avoid it. It can really screw a person up. I've been divorced almost three years and I still have ups and downs. Divorce isn't a decision to be made lightly, please think long and hard before you do it. You don't want any regrets later.

Mark Chesnutt's "Going Through The Big D (And I Don't Mean Dallas)" &"I Just Wanted You To Know". I particularly love "I Just Wanted You To Know", although I relate too well to both songs.



This song describes regrets for both who were once a couple. Hinder's "Lip Of An Angel":



This song is sort of nebulous if it's a sad love song, but it's close enough. Green Day's "I Fought The Law":



A couple of certified classics from much different eras, first up a song from the Hair Metal heydays. Poison's "Ever Rose Has It's Thorn":



Now to the mellow pop sounds of the early 70's, Carly Simon's "Your So Vain":



Parting can be such sweet sorrow. Styx's "Babe":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites