Sunday, February 10, 2013

"Here Comes The Boom", "The Walking Dead", Great Songs (Updated 2/11/13)

Hello,

I watched the Kevin James and Salma Hayek movie "Here Comes The Boom" today. This will sound sappy and sentimental. However the movie is very inspirational and funny. I love the story, the message and the humor. James is so good playing the schlub that shows he's much more than just a fat dude. He and Will Smith were both fantastic in "Hitch", one of the best movies of the 2000's. Salma Hayek is still looking incredible and is a great actress. I love how sassy and spicy she plays her character.

This is the P.O.D. song "Here Comes The Boom":



Throughout this blog I'm going to add songs that I hope are inspiring, helpful or just very good. Just remember to keep those who are close to you in your thoughts and prayers. You never know when they may need a hand or maybe a friendly hug. Those things could be the thing that pulls them back from the brink. To all of my friends and acquaintances I say:



The band EarlyRise is coming into crunch time on their Kickstarter goal to make $15,000. Their pledge cycle ends on February 23rd. They'll only get the money if they raise all $15,000. With the money they would be recording a second album. The band kicks butt and has a great sound. I'd urge you to help them in their cause. If I can figure out a way, I'll be pledging $55 towards their goal. They are offering some pretty cool prizes if you help them. However that's not why we should help them. We should help them because Heaven knows we need more good music in the world now. Let's help this young and upcoming band. This is their song "Memories":



EarlyRise's "Wasteland":



EarlyRise's "Face Me":



Also tonight Season 3's second half of "The Walking Dead" starts. Yes, I'm so excited. I hope that you join me to watch it. I expect more good things from "The Walking Dead" after Season 3's very good first half. My only request is that the Governor-Rick battle ends relatively quickly. This storyline is starting to get boring and would be intolerable for 8 more episodes. I watch this show to see the people vs. zombies battles. I can get people vs. people in nearly every other show.

I also expect the Dixon brothers not be the Governor's prisoners for too long. I'd love to see the Dixon brothers join forces and kick butt.

Keeping with the theme, this is one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite 90's bands. The Cranberries "Zombie":



Casting Crowns' "I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day" (Live):



Also I never thought I'd be one of those who'd play games on Facebook. However they have one game that has my name written all over it, SongPop. I love challenging others who love music to see who is better. I win most of the SongPop games I play. I'm glad I don't win them all as that would get boring very quickly. If you love music and have a few spare minutes SongPop is fun. I take full advantage of the games I can play free. For free you can have 20 SongPop games going on at one time. With free you can only play up to 20 people at one time, which can still take up a surprisingly amount of time.

Also I've discovered and been reminded of some great songs through SongPop. One of the amazing songs I was reminded of by SongPop is Surface's "The First Time":



Other great songs I was reminded of because of SongPop. The Temptations "Stay Just A Bit Longer":



Lou Bega's." "Mambo No. 5":



Miranda Lambert's heart breakingly beautiful "Over You":



I saw the 3D/IMAX "Top Gun" yesterday. It was so good to see in the movie theaters once again. "Top Gun" is a movie that still holds up very well. Definitely a movie that needs to be seen in a theater to be truly appreciated.  I love how the music is worked into the scenes. This movie is a master class about how to add music to enhance the movie going experience. That's especially with the songs "Take My Breath Away" and "Danger Zone". And of course "Playing With The Boys" for the completely unnecessary volleytball scene.

Tom Cruise, Val Kilmer, Kelly McGillis and Anthony Edwards lead a solid cast for this movie.

That's one of the best things about so called older movies is that there is actually a story to go with all the action. The script is sexy, funny (especially the interaction between Goose and Maverick) and the flying scenes are amazing. (I'm looking forward to see "Die Hard 5" this weekend, but I'm not really expecting much of a story.)

I'd like to thank for my very attractive friend for going to see it with me. I needed a bit of friendship yesterday.

My only complaint about this movie is the 3D. Isn't seeing a movie in 3D and IMAX too much? I saw "Real Steel" in IMAX and that was an amazing experience, no complaints about that. However the 3D just doesn't work for me. I hate the glasses and for me the 3D doesn't really enhance the movie going experience. I just want to go enjoy a good movie and be entertained. I don't want to deal with awkward glasses or pay the extra expense for the misery of 3D.

I may be writing about Simple Minds more tomorrow, but for now I'm sharing this great song:



Also sometimes the lyrics of a song just captures a moment in time. These lyrics hit home right now for me. Katy Perry's "Wide Awake":



Duran Duran's "Ordinary World":



Another great song from the same album "Come Undone":



The amazing Pink Floyd and "Wish You Were Here";



The incredibly sad "Seasons In The Sun" by Terry Jacks:



One of the many amazing songs from "Rent", "Seasons Of Love";



Peter, Paul and Mary's beautiful "Puff The Magic Dragon". One of the most heartbreaking songs of all-time.



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites