Saturday, April 13, 2013

themusicaddict's Recommended Songs and The Band Perry's Amazing "Pioneer"!, "Somebody I Used To Know" Done Right (Updated 3/23/13)

Hello,

I listened to The Band Perry's new CD "Pioneer" twice on Spotify. Since it was so good I decided to add it to my CD collection. That CD has a lot of great music, but there are 2 or 3 songs that are so very good. Expect to hear a lot about The Band Perry in the next several months. Their debut CD built very slowly over several months and eventually became a big seller. I don't expect any similar issues with "Pioneer". In fact, I predict "Pioneer" will take them to the Lady Antebellum level.

One thing I love about this CD is it's use of that Mumford & Sons sound. I don't even know the word to describe that sound, but The Band Perry use it wisely for this CD. They use that Mumfordish sound to their music's advantage. One thing I really like about Mumford and Sons is even though their music has an older sound to it, they also know how to rock. Here are some great songs from "Pioneer":

I'm guessing that the members of The Band Perry have had a bit of heartbreak? "Better Dig Two":



"Done.":



Here's "Done." live at the ACM Awards (this live version really has that Mumfordish sound to it):



"Forever Mine Nevermind":



"We Are Young/ Night Gone Wasted":



The Band Perry show a softer side with the very beautiful "Mother Like Mine":



Updated April 23rd, 2013. The more I listen to this CD the more I fall in love with it. This CD has so many amazing songs on it. Seriously if you haven't bought it yet, what are you waiting for? The latest song from "Pioneer" I've fallen in love with is "End of Time" (I especially love where Kimberly Perry sings about "The Alabama moon falling from the sky") :



Do you get the feeling the members of The Band Perry can be a bit feisty? "Chainsaw":



"I Saw A Light" (Live):



Here's a couple of other songs that are also pretty great. Enjoy.

Mayday Parade's much better cover of "Someone I Used To Know":



Ashley Monroe's heartbreaking "Used":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites