Sunday, April 7, 2013

Was 1985 The Best Year For Music 2?: The Country Hits

Hello,

This is my second in a series of writing about the great music of 1985. My first 1985 music blog featured some of the happy and energetic blogs of that year. This second blog is about some of the great country music songs of that year. Honestly 1985 wasn't a very strong year for country, I spent a couple of hours compiling a list of great country songs for that year.

1985 was one of the years that Alabama was at their peak. I don't know how they did it, but it seemed like nearly every song they released was an amazing song. Here are some of their best songs from 1985:

This first song has sort of become a theme for me as I battle my way through divorce and unemployment challenges. "You Can't Keep A Good Man Down":



"There's No Way":



"40 Hour Week: (For A Livin')":



I love Alabama, however I wouldn't consider myself a big George Strait fan. But one of my all-time favorite country songs is his 1985 hit "The Chair":



Another great 1985 George Strait song, "The Fireman":



"Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind":



Sadly Mel McDaniel has been swept into the dustbin of history, even his passing away barely received any notice. Other than the last song of the following trio, not too many people probably remember all three of his songs from 1985.

"Stand Up":



The great Chuck Berry written song "Let It Roll";



"Baby's Got Her Bluejeans On":



Some other random 1985 country music classics. George Jones "The One I Loved Back Then":



The Highwaymen's "Highwayman":



Rosanne Cash's "I Don't Know Why You Don't Want Me":



Hank WIlliams Jr. "I'm For Love":



Jon Conlee's "Workin' Man":



One of the sweetest, most romantic songs of 1985. This is the Oak Ridge Boys "Make My Life With You":



"New York Minute"- Ronnie McDowell: (sorry, not the best sound):



I heard Whitney Houston sing live in her prime. I also heard Robert Plant sing live. But the best voice I ever heard live was Wynonna Judd. What an amazing voice. The Judds' "Have Mercy";



themusicaddict

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I’m looking for the latest country music, I always end up in one spot – 103.1 WIRK. I was even lucky enough to catch up with Keith Van Allen in the streets and got free ‘Rib Round Up’ tickets. Just one of the many events that keep me tuned into www.wirk.com

Favorites