Friday, April 5, 2013

Getting To Know Your Shockers 5: My Wichita State- Louisville Pick

Hello,

Although I'm sure I'll write more about the Final Four, this will be my last WSU specific blog. That is as long as there isn't a huge Shockers story that comes out.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to see the Wichita State-Louisville tomorrow. And even if I could I'm not so sure I could even watch it. I'm just expecting for Louisville to be firing on all cylinders. Not only are the Cardinals extremely loaded, they also are playing for a sentimental reason. After Kevin Ware shattered his leg with that gruesome injury, this has just been one more thing for Louisville to play for.

Now I expect the Shockers to be play with a lot of pluck, they may even be able to keep it close for most of the game. I'm sure Coach Marshall will have the Shockers prepared as well as possible. If I was Coach Marshall I'd play Malcolm Armstead and Fred VanVleet, the two point guards, as much as possible. Why? Because Louisville has a very tenacious defense, so WSU needs two sure handed ball handlers to control the ball up to running the offense. I wonder if Coach Marshall has a trick or two up his sleeve.

Again I expect a full effort from the Shockers, but ultimately I think Louisville is just too loaded for the Shockers to hang. The Shockers may keep it close for 30 minutes, but I look for Louisville to win by about 20 points. (WSU I'd be more than glad to be proven wrong.) I also expect the Cardinals to win the national title. While the Shockers won't prevail, it's been a hell of a ride. I hope they are enjoying every minute. I'm so glad that I was able to see them place twice when March Madness was here in Salt Lake. Good luck Shockers, I'll be proudly wearing my WSU shirt tomorrow while I'm out and about.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites