Monday, April 1, 2013

Getting To Know Your Wichita State Shockers Part 1

Hello,

Improbably and unbelievably Wichita State has made it to the Final Four. On Saturday they'll play the mighty and tough Cardinals of Louisville. Do I think that WSU has a chance of winning that game? No, not at all. I would give the Shockers about a 5% chance of winning that game. This Louisville team to me has the same feeling as the Wildcats did last year, complete domination on the way to the title.

Though I won't be cheering for them Saturday I'd like to thank Louisville for knocking out the Puke White Devils. Thanks for sending Ryan Kelly and Mason Plumlee on to the NBA. Like most previous Duke players, this will be the last we hear of either. By the way is Kelly a zombie? Any time I saw him on the court he had his mouth wide opened and looked like the walking dead.

Anyway I'm still supporting the Shockers, I proudly wore my Shockers shirt this past Saturday. I hope my two oldest boys also wear their Shockers shirts before the Final Four starts.

Everyday this week I plan on throwing out a tidbit or two about the Shockers. Famous basketball players who played at WSU include Antoine "The Big Dawg" Carr. Carr went on to play for the Jazz, he was a key member of the Jazz the two years they made the NBA Finals. Another great Shocker player was Xavier McDaniel, very intimidating force for the Sonics for many years. Cliff Levingston was also a Shocker. I don't remember "Cheese" Johnson, but I thought I would mention him because I like his name.

Famous alumni of WSU include Joe Carter, current Mariners manager Eric Wedge and Bill Parcells. Parcells of course is a Super Bowl winning coach and the last good coach that the Cowboys had. There are also a bunch of other alumni that I haven't heard of that are named.

Famous alumni of Wichita State sidenote. The Wikipedia page that I referenced include a cast member of "Big Brother" and also the BTK killer. If I was a WSU official, I'd delete both of those folks from that Wikipedia page.

Go Shockers!

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites