Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Was 1985 The Best Year For Music 3?: The Sexy Songs

Hello,

More great music from one of the greatest years for music ever, 1985. As I'm sure you have noticed by now, some songs will be repeated in these 1985 music blogs. While working on this blog, I caught myself thinking the same thought over and over again. With rare exceptions, they just don't make songs now like they used to.

Starting out with perhaps the greatest voice of her generation, Whitney Houston. This is "You Give Good Love":



"Saving All My Love For You":



Another of the greatest voices of the same generation. This is Sinead O'Connor's "I Want Your Hands On Me": Although I don't remember a lame rap interlude on the CD I have for this song.



Klymaxx's "The Men All Pause":



This is a song that needs to be turned up: Animotion's "Obsession":



Although George Michael's "Careless Whisper" is a sad song, it is also a very sexy song. There's something incredibly sexy about the saxophone.



Madonna's "Crazy For You":



The Madonna of the 80s was unstoppable. "Like A Virgin":



Like Hall & Oates, Billy Ocean is an 80's star that seems to have been forgotten and I'm not sure why. He has many great songs, one of them is, "Mystery Lady":



Prince's "I Would Die For U", via Fatboy Slim. Of the videos on youtube.com, this is the one that best captures the absolute joy of this song.



Sheena Easton's extremely hot "Sugar Walls":



Sade's "Smooth Operator":



John Farr's "Naughty, Naughty":



The Power Station's "Some Like It Hot":



Another one from The Power Station, "Get It On (Bang A Gong)":



The Honeydripper's "Sea Of Love":



The Mary Jane Girls "In My House":



Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam's "I Wonder If I Take You Home":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites