Tuesday, August 13, 2013

themusicaddict's No Shame 80's Pop Music Blog

Hello,

I decided to break down my Mega 80's music blog into several different categories, I won't be changing my original Mega 80's music blog. I'll be taking the same categories and expanding on each theme and I'll also be adding new categories. For instance how did I miss the music of 80's music? I enjoy making these kind of blogs and I hope you enjoy them to. As always I welcome all comments, both negative and positive. All you have to do is to leave a comment and I see it almost immediately.

The first 80's music category is pure unadulterated no shame pop music. The first 4 songs I just copied and pasted from the original blog. However when I did that the websites where I got the videos from make people go to youtube etc. to see the videos. I added all new videos in hopes people can watch those videos on this blog. However if you can't, please enjoy on Youtube, MTV.com or wherever else you can.

It would be a shame not to enjoy the greatest music of all-time.

A band that I've rediscovered the last few weeks is INXS. I hadn't realized how many great songs they have, here's one that's a bit off the beaten track.

"Heaven Sent":



Is this the perfect pop song, George Michael's "Faith":



Jellybean Benetiz (featuring Madonna) "Sidewalk Talk":



Cyndi Lauper's "Girls Just Want To Have Fun":



New Kids On The Block are the ultimate example of a "pop" band and this is the ultimate example of a "pop" song. Honestly I only feel a little bit of shame in liking this song. If you've forgotten how to hang tough, New Kids On The Block are here to remind you:



Without hearing a note, just from the video one could tell this is an 80s song. The 80s did cheese like no one's business.  That being the case, it's undeniable that this is just a great 80s pop song. Laura Branigan's "Gloria":



I hope "American Idol" stops having great 80's pop become judges. I've lost some respect for some of great 80s stars. First Paula Abdul and then Mariah Carey. Although Mariah Carey was great in the 80s and that voice!

"Someday":



Paula Abdul's "Cold Hearted":



Not only one of the greatest singers ever, but when she wanted to be one of the most beautiful women. You are missed Whitney. Ms. Houston's "How Will I Know":

No comments:

Favorites