Friday, August 23, 2013

(Updated August 15th, 2020) themusicaddict's Crunchy 80's Rock Music

Hello,

At least 19  of the below videos were expired. Do you know what that means, it means I need to update this blog.

I decided to break down my Mega 80's music blog into several different categories, I won't be changing my original Mega 80's music blog. I'm taking the same categories and expanding on each theme and I'll also be adding new categories. For instance, how did I miss the music of 80's movies? I enjoy making these kind of blogs and I hope you enjoy them too. As always I welcome all comments, both negative and positive. All you have to do is to leave a comment and I see it almost immediately.

Hopefully you can see all the videos below. However if you can't, please enjoy on Youtube, MTV.com or wherever else you can. It would be a shame not to enjoy the greatest music of all-time.

Obviously I could fill this blog with the music of Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne, Ronnie James Dio and many other bands. However I want a more diverse sample of great 80's rock songs. Crunchy rock and roll, 80's style:

1) Ministry's "New World Order":


Skid Row was known more for their self-titled first CD, but their follow up CD "Slave To The Grind" kicked some butt. This is 2) "Slave To The Grind":


3) "Youth Gone Wild" kicks some butt as well:


Twisted Sister wants to rock and I suggest you listen! 4) "I Wanna Rock":



5) King Kobra "Mean Street Machine":



The next few videos are all by Iron Maiden, starting with 6) "Run To The Hills":



7) "Hallowed Be Thy Name":



8) "Flight of Icarus":



9) "Trooper":



Up next is the Ronnie James Dio section:
10) "Egypt (The Chains Are On)":



Amazing song, but one of the worst videos ever. 11) "The Last In Line":



12) "Holy Diver (Live)":



13) "We Rock":



14) "One Night In The City":



Metallica, starting with 15) "Through The Never": (I realize that "The Black Album" came out in 1991, but it's close enough for this blog's purposes. The songs and life that inspired those songs probably mostly happened in the 80's.)



16) "The Shortest Straw":



One of the most butt kicking songs of all-time. 17 "One":



18) "Harvester Of Sorrow":



19) "Blackened":



Some random crunchy rock, starting with 20) Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train":.....
.... and 21) "The Ultimate Sin":



I may be stretching the boundaries of your patience, but 
22) The Bangles "Hazy Shade Of Winter" really rocks:



This song jumps to the next level of rock following Geoff Tate's monologue. 
23) Queensryche's "Empire":



One of the greatest songs ever. 24) Whitesnake's "Still Of The Night":



25) Quiet Riot's "Mama Weer All Crazee Now":



26) Faster Pussycat's "Bathroom Wall":



I would have to question any 80s rock blog that doesn't have at least some space devoted to Guns N' Roses. Here goes starting with 27) "Nightrain":



28 "You're Crazy":



The above two videos certainly don't sound the best, so I went for a better sound quality for the next three videos. 29) "Out Ta Get Me":



30) "Paradise City":
31) "Anything Goes":



32) "Rocket Queen":
33) Motley Crue's: "Kickstart My Heart":
34) "Too Young To Fall In Love":
One of my personal favorite Motley Crue songs: "Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)":



36) "House of Pain":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites