Wednesday, August 14, 2013

themusicaddict's Most Amazing 80's Heartbreak Songs

Hello,

My next 80's music category is amazing heartbreak songs. Many people of a certain age will hear one of the below songs and it will take them back to at least one painful or happy memory. Some of these songs came from my original Mega 80's music blog and as time is available I'll continue to add more here. I do what I can to make sure these videos play on my blog. However if they don't, please enjoy on Youtube, MTV.com or wherever else you can.

You don't want to miss out on some of the greatest music ever, do you? Thanks as always to Youtube and those that load the videos to that site. I love seeing all these great old videos again.

Does a truly great heartbreak song have to be a ballad?

Heartbreak songs:

Madonna's "The Power Of Goodbye":



Phil Collins and Marilyn Martin "Separate Lives":



REO Speedwagon's "One Lonely Night":



Poison's "Every Rose Has It's Thorn":



One of my all-time favorite 80s songs, Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam's "All Cried Out":



I don't think of myself as a maudlin person, but maybe I am. Why? Because this is yet another one of my all-time favorite 80's songs. Mr. Mister's "Broken Wings":



Never mind, I just realized I must be maudlin, yet another one of my all-time favorite 80's songs. The following song provokes a memory, sadly not a very good memory. Is this the greatest sax solo ever? George Michael's "Careless Whisper":



Klymaxx's "I Miss You":



Thanks Prince for writing this amazing song and thanks to Sinead O'Connor for singing the hell out of it. "Nothing Compares To U":



Pam Tillis' "Maybe It Was Memphis":



Styx "Don't Let It End":



Dennis DeYoung "Desert Moon":



Dan Fogelberg's "Same Old Lang Syne". Warning: killer sax solo on the way. (Oh man do I have one of the most bittersweet memories about this song.)



One of the most under appreciated groups of the 80s is Roxette and this is one of their best songs, "It Must Have Been Love":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites