Thursday, August 15, 2013

themusicaddict's 80's Songs About Causes

Hello,

I decided to break my Mega 80's music blog into several different categories, I won't be changing my original Mega 80's music blog though. I enjoy making these kind of blogs and I hope you enjoy them too. As always I welcome all comments, both negative and positive. All you have to do is to leave a comment on any post and I see it almost immediately.

Remember if for some reason you can't watch a video on this blog, please enjoy on Youtube.com, MTV.com or wherever else you can. It would be a shame not to enjoy the greatest music of all-time. The inspiration for these blogs comes from Spotify 80's radio, SongPop game on Facebook, Youtube and my iPod and my own faulty memory.

This song is co-written by Lionel Richie and Michael Jackson, surprisingly it holds up all these years later. USA For Africa's "We Are The World":



In the same vein Band Aid's "Do They Know It's Christmas?":



U2's song "against a-par-tied" as said by Bono. This classic song is from U2's "Rattle and Hum":



Not a big surprise that U2 has more than one causes video, "Sunday Bloody Sunday". This is also one of the most historic videos from the early history of MTV. This was filmed at Red Rocks live in Colorado:



Peter Gabriel "Shock The Monkey":



I don't remember ever seeing this video before, Suzanne's Vega "Luka":



Also not a big surprise that Michael Jackson has more than one causes video, this is Jackson's "Man In The Mirror":



Bruce Hornsby and the Range's "That's Just The Way It Is":



Billy Joel's "Second Wind":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites