Thursday, August 22, 2013

themusicaddict's Favorite 80's Songs

Hello,

I wanted to write another 80's music blog today, but I don't have my blog notes with me. So going off the top of my head, what kind of blog can I write just based on memory? Then it came to me I can write a blog about my favorite 80's songs, here goes. I probably literally love hundreds of songs from the 80s, I'm sure I'll miss a lot of songs.

This blog will follow no logical path. I love all kinds of music and so here's a variety of all sorts of songs, artists and songs. Enjoy!

One of the greatest soundtracks ever is the one for "Pretty In Pink". It has 10 amazing songs, the only 80s soundtrack that I can think of that is better is "Purple Rain". This is one of those amazing songs on "Pretty In Pink". Echo and The Bunnymen "Bring On The Dancing Horses":



Speaking of "Purple Rain", this song reminds me being a 17 year old punk kid driving home from my job at Safeways in my ugly green truck. I really wish I could put "When Doves Cry" here, but Prince stupidly continues to not allow his music on Youtube. I wanted to see what was in place of "When Doves Cry" and it's the video for Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up". Having the whitest man ever replace Prince is pretty funny. Prince Rogers Nelson it's time to allow your music to be on Youtube, join the 21st century already.

C + C Music Factory's "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)":



John Parr's "Naughty, Naughty":



When people talk about 80s music, not a lot of people talk about John Parr. However he had at least two amazing songs in the 80s. See above and below, "St. Elmo's Fire":



This next song reminds me of junior high. Probably not too many people remember this song and that's a shame, because this is a great song. Sniff'n The Tears "Driver's Seat":



There's a lot of great music still coming out in 2013, but the amazing music isn't as prolific as it was in the 80s. Although Greg Kihn was singing about music made in the 80s, this song title would be perfect for a lot of music coming out now. The Greg Kihn Band's "The Breakup Song (They Don't Write 'Em)":



The Kinks "Destroyer":



Will there ever be another Guns N' Roses? Not even the current Guns N' Roses can carry the classic bands mantle any more. This is probably my favorite Guns N' Roses song and the best song on the amazing "Appetite For Destruction":



Nikki Sixx was the Crue's main songwriter, he wrote a lot of quality rock music. Motley Crue's "Girls Girls Girls":



From sassy to sappy: because you wanted to spend time with 80's babes you needed a few go to love songs. I enjoy the Crue as much as I enjoy the Cetera. When you truly do find love, it's indeed "The Glory Of Love":



One of the sweetest songs of the 80s, Survivor's "The Search Is Over":



Eric Carmen's "Hungry Eyes":



Maxi Priest's "Close To You":



Isn't "it much have been love, but it's over now" one of the saddest refrains in pop music history? Roxette's "It Must Have Been Love":



That sax solo! George Michael's "Careless Whisper":



David Lee Roth's "Yankee Rose":



Twisted Sister "I Wanna Rock":



Europe's "The Final Countdown":



This may be the poppiest 80s song, Wilson Phillips "Hold On":



One of the greatest voices of the 80s, Sinead O' Connor's "Nothing Compares 2 U":



Miss O'Connor again with "Mandinka":



Paula Abdul's "Straight Up":



Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean":



The Flirts "Jukebox "Don't Put Another Dime":



Jane Wiedlin's "Rush Hour":



I'd be remiss if I didn't add at least one Madonna song, "Into The Groove":



Or at least two songs, "Causing A Commotion":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites