Tuesday, August 13, 2013

themusicaddict's Excellent 80's Pop/Rock music

Hello,

My next 80's music category is classic pop/rock music. Is it pop. is it rock or is it both? This is the kind of question that probably will never have a definite answer. Ask me if "Addicted To Love" is a pop, rock or both kinds of song on three different days and you'll probably get 3 different answers. I've actually changed my mind a couple of times as I write this paragraph. I'm just going to go with my first instinct. Some of these songs came from my original Mega 80's music blog and as time is available I'll continue to add more. I do what I can to make sure these videos play on my blog. However if they don't, please enjoy on Youtube, MTV.com or wherever else you can.

You don't want to miss out on some of the greatest music ever, do you? Thanks as always to Youtube and those that load the videos to that site. I love seeing all these great old videos again.

It ain't quite pop, it ain't quite rock, great 80s pop/rock:

Journey's "Rubicon" live in Japan 1983:



From one classic 80's rock band to another, this is Styx and "Mr. Roboto":



Bryan Adams was born in 1959, this song is figuratively about a specific summer of good memories or maybe it's just a song about the joys of summer. In the song Adams sings "Those were the best days of my life", which certainly is how I feel about the 80s. But I also agree with Adams when he sings "Ain't no use in complaining when you got a job to do". One of my all-time favorite 80's songs "Summer of '69":



Van Halen "Why Can't This Be Love":



Motley Crue's "Home Sweet Home":



Like the girl Robert Palmer sings about, this song is "Simply Irresistible":



Tom Petty's "Don't Come Around Here No More":



Pink Floyd's "Learning To Fly":



Peter Gabriel's "Big Time":



Tears For Fears "Shout":



Quarterflash's "Harden My Heart":



Christopher Cross' "Ride Like The Wind":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites