Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Things I'm Writing About Today: Thank You Martin Luther King Jr., The Skankification of America

Hello,

Fifty years ago today Martin Luther King stood in front the Lincoln Memorial and drew a line in the sand for Black America, indeed for all of America. Here's a shortened version of this amazing speech, if you want to watch the full version it's available at Youtube.



From the best of America to the worst of America, I do know that's an over simplification. I was so excited about MTV's VMA awards that I forgot completely about it, I was much more interested in a 49ers preseason game. San Francisco won, Miley Cyrus won't.

I hadn't heard anything about the Miley Cyrus debacle until Monday morning. I completely agree with Brooke Shields, who referred to Cyrus' skankfest as "desperate". And I suggest that's the most positive thing that could be said about Miley's performance.

Sadly talent is no longer good enough, Lady Gaga has plenty of talent but she still stoops to showing skin to raise awareness. Cyrus has learned from her and and has taken that perversion to new lows on the VMAs. The ironic thing is that no red blooded American male wants to see Gaga or Cyrus in skimpy clothes, neither one is that attractive.

(Note: I've written about Cyrus previously, I'm still a big fan of "Can't Be Tamed". However I'm a fan because I like the music, it has nothing to do with what she is or isn't wearing.)

Sadly this continues a trend that lessens the morals of America. Two recent TV shows that caught my attention were "The Americans" and "The Bridge", both are very good shows. However I had to stop watching "The Americans" as their sex scenes were over the top. "The Bridge" just chips away a bit more at the decency keeping Hollywood in control. In a recent episode of that show, there was no less than 4 sex scenes. With the last scene being extremely graphic and probably wouldn't have been allowed on basic cable just a few short years ago.

(I realize that people have sex and many times enjoy it, also I understand that people have sex for many different reasons. A lot of time they use to get things that they want, like information as in the case of the spies on "The Americans". I totally understand that and sex is a legitimate storyline. However the sex just has to be inferred, what I object to is the near showing of actual sex acts. Some of the scenes that are shown I don't know how they aren't actually having sex. In a recent episode of "The Bridge", well I won't describe the scene. But it was completely unnecessary to advance the storyline. The scene was just meant to titillate the audience.)

Unlike Cyrus "The Americans" and "The Bridge" doesn't need to sell with sex and I'm not sure why they do.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites