Thursday, August 15, 2013

themusicaddict's Influential 80's Songs (Improved August 15th, 2013)

Hello,

I decided to break my Mega 80's music blog into many different categories, I won't change my original Mega 80's music blog though. I enjoy making these kind of blogs and I hope you enjoy them too. As always I welcome all comments, both negative and positive. All you have to do is to leave a comment on any post and I see it almost immediately. I also take requests, although they may not make it on to the blog.

Remember if for some reason you can't watch a video on this blog, please enjoy it on Youtube.com, MTV.com or wherever else you can. It would be a shame not to enjoy the greatest music of all-time. The inspiration for these blogs comes from Spotify 80's radio, SongPop game on Facebook, Youtube, my iPod and my own faulty memory.

Influential songs, videos and artists.

Public Enemy's "Bring The Noise":



The first video ever shown on MTV (back when MTV was relevant). The Buggles "Video Killed The Radio Star":



This video is a nod to the past, but also one of the first videos exploring what could be done with the full potential of videos. Madonna's "Express Yourself":



Michael Jackson and his team were also very proficient at taking the basic music video and turning it into more than the sum of it's parts. I realize this video looks dated now, but it was revolutionary when it first showed up on MTV. "Billie Jean":



An incredibly creative video, A-ha's "Take On Me":



Talking Heads "Once In A Lifetime":



This was a mix of two genres that some people didn't think went together, however those people were wrong. Also Run-D.M.C. was one of the best and most influential rap bands, they helped break rap into mainstream. Run-D.M.C. and Aerosmith "Walk This Way":



Run-D.M.C.'s "Peter Piper":



Allegedly the first Top 40 hit featuring someone rapping, in this case Debbie Harry. Blondie's "Rapture":



Is this the first popular Heavy Metal song? Quiet Riot's "Cum On Feel The Noize":



Lady Gaga, Britney Spears..... Just how many people copied Madonna's style? What I don't get is since they copied her, why isn't their music as good. And I love this song so much "Papa Don't Preach":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites