Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas' Greatest Hits (Updated 12/13/12)

Hello,

I'll spare you my ongoing dislike of Jerry Jones and how he's destroying the Cowboys. I also didn't watch the mid-season finale of "The Walking Dead", so I won't be writing the recap for that yet. I made a promise to myself that this year I'm going to get the most out of the Christmas season. One way for me to do that is to listen to Christmas music. Here's a selection of some of my favorite Christmas songs. I believe in Jesus very much, so many of these songs will have a religious bent. But I've also included some fun Christmas songs. Merry Christmas to all!

My absolute favorite Christmas song is "Carol of the Bells". I can never find my favorite version of this song. This is Mormon Tabernacle Choir's version:



This is Mannheim Steamroller's version:



This is a bit of an interesting twist on "Carol of the Bells":



The amazing Trans-Siberian Orchestra and their "Wizards In Winter":



In no way do I support flash mobs, I think they are kind of lame. However this one is okay. "The Hallelujah Chorus":



Here's the real "Hallelujah Chorus":



The Casting Crowns "I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day":



I promise I'm not proselytizing, but this is my favorite version of  "Angels We Have Heard On High":



"Do You Hear What I Hear?":



Not only is she stunningly gorgeous, but she also has an amazing voice. Carrie Underwood's "O Holy Night":



Michael Crawford's "What A Strange Way To Save The World": (Youtube says this is Michael Crawford sings this version, but I'm not so sure.)



Elvis Presley's "Santa Bring My Baby Back To Me":



Bobby Helms "Jingle Bell Rock":



The Waitresses' "Christmas Wrapping":



Jeremy Fisher's "Snowflakes":



"Hark The Herald Angels Sing":



Their version of this song is simply amazing, the song and Lady Antebellum were made for each other. Lady Antebellum's "Baby It's Cold Outside":



The amazing Stevie Nicks' "Silent Night":



The amazing Sinead O'Connor's "Silent Night":



Bob Seger's "Little Drummer Boy":



"We Three Kings of Orient Are":



"You're A Mean One Mr. Grinch":



Band Aid's "Do They Know It's Christmas?":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites