Tuesday, December 18, 2012

One Week from "Les Mis" and "Christmas": Could It Get Any Better

Hello,

I love Christmas time and I also love "Les Miserables", this year they are both going to be on the same day. It's about time the musical version of "Les Miserables" hits the theaters. And that time is one week from today. (I apologize for any Jonas sightings.)

Here are some of my favorite songs from "Les Mis". This seems to be a high school production of "Valjean Arrested/ValJean Forgiven". I fully support high school productions of musicals. In fact I saw a high school production of "Les Mis" at my alma mater (Woods Cross High) and they did a great job.



Here's a more professional version:



"At The End Of The Day":



The rather ribald "Lovely Ladies" (This will be offensive to some):



"Who Am I": (I really like this Jean ValJean, he has a great voice.)

I love how powerful these lyrics are:

"And so Javert, you see it's true
That man bears no more guilt than you!
Who am I?
24601!"



"Fantine's Arrest":



"The Confrontation":



"Master Of The House":



This is Javert's (Norm Lewis) finest musical moment, "Stars":



"Red and Black":



"Do You Hear The People Sing":



"In My Life":



"One Day More!":



"On My Own":



"Turning/ Empty Chairs At Empty Tables":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites