Friday, December 7, 2012

themusicaddict's Best Rap Songs of 2012

Hello,

I can't think of any great rap songs from the last few years. To me rap music is extremely overrated. I'm not one of those that says rap music is an oxymoron, but it also isn't my favorite genre of music either. I just don't understand why anyone likes modern rap. I loved a lot of the the 80's rap, like Run-D.M.C., LL Cool J and the Beastie Boys. However I did some research and even listened to a few excerpts of some 2012 rap songs. I listened to the excerpts found on amazon.com's Top 100 songs of the year. As is usually the case these "songs" are fairly lame. I listened to "Thrift Shop", 10 seconds of that song was more than enough for me.

This is one of the many sound alike rap songs. However this song is titled "Boobie Miles". Miles was one of the key people in Buzz Bissinger's "Friday Night Lights". Big K.R.I.T.'s "Boobie Miles":



I'm also very disappointed Rolling Stone has Rick Ross on their latest cover. I can only think of about 100 more better people for the cover.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites