Friday, December 7, 2012

themusicaddict's Best Pop and Miscellaneous Songs of 2012 (Updated 12/11/12)

Hello,

Here's my favorite pop and miscellaneous songs from 2012. I previously had written that a song needs to be popular to be on this list. However I've changed my mind a bit. Most of these songs are very popular, but my main criteria is a song has to be good. That's why my top rap songs blog is empty. Is every rap song suppose to sound alike?

I also don't listen to a lot of music on radio. Modern radio has become pretty lame the last several years. When corporate idiots get their hooks in anything, they tend to ruin it. They do that by focusing on making money over artistic decisions. A couple of things I hate about modern radio is there's way too many commercials. I can listen to a CD, where I have control over what is played. Or I can listen to the radio. I have no control of what's played, have to listen to DJ's and then there are up to 5 minute blocks of commercials. Also radio stations tend to play a very limited number of songs, especially country music radio.

However some songs like "Call Me Maybe" are just inescapable. I also have kids so I hear about songs that way too. I also stumble across new music occasionally on Spotify, youtube or amazon.com. So if these lists seem limited, that's probably why.

Like nearly everyone else I loved this song as well. This is Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe". Incredibly it has 353 million views. Crazy!



One of the most fun songs of the year. Cher Lloyd's "Want U Back":



This song so perfectly fits the miscellaneous category. First of all it has that long spoken intro. Then as the song to played I wondered if this is a rock or a pop or a dance song. I'm still not sure. Anyway here's Twin Shadow's "Five Seconds":



Alex Clare's "Too Close":



This is easily one of my favorite songs of this year. Walk The Moon's "I Can Lift A Car":



Another great song by Walkt the Moon, "Anna Sun":



I love this band's extremely catchy pop music, I'm surprised they haven't been more of a break out hit. Jukebox The Ghost's "Somebody":



passEnger's "Let Her Go:



Haley Reinhart's "Undone":



From one of the best CD's of the year, this is Dia Frampton's "The Broken Ones":



"Red" seems to be a popular CD title this year. Also from the same CD "Red", this is "Don't Kick The Chair":



Maroon 5's "Payphone":



What would a year be without Rihanna having a great song? Well I guess we won't be able to find out this year, because of "We Found Love":



LMFAO's "Sexy And I Know It":



Psy's "Gangnam Style":



Come on Jabari Parker, you know you want to come to BYU! "Jabari Parker Style":



We Are The In Crowd's incredibly catchy "Kiss Me Again":



Yet another incredibly catchy song. Neon Trees "Everybody Talks":



Christina Perri is probably best known for "Jar of Hearts", however I like "A Thousand Years" a lot more. However why do they have to pair this great song with such a piece of crap like "Twlight"?



Ellie Goulding's "Lights":



Train's "Drive By":



Young The Giant's "Apartment":



Karmin's "Brokenhearted":



Johnny Bertram's "Mistake":



Nicki Minaj's "Starships":



fun's "We Are Young":



This song was on my mind most of the day, especially it's catchy chorus. My apologies to all those that had to hear me "sing" it. The Lumineers "Hey Ho":



I think this was on my top rock songs of 2012, but hey what the heck? The genre of this song is a bit blurry. Of Monsters and Men's "Little Talks":



Alabama Shakes' "Hold On":



ZZ Ward's "Put The Gun Down":



Jason Mraz's amazing "I Won't Give Up":



Mumford & Sons Phillip Phillips "Home":



Emeli Sande's "Next To Me":



J.D. McPherson's "North Side Gal":



The Mystery Jets "Greatest Hits":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites