Thursday, December 6, 2012

themusicaddict's Best Rock Songs of 2012 (Updated 12/11/12)

Hello,

I realize that my blogs can be negative sometimes and I don't write as much about music as someone calling themselves themusicaddict should. So with this and the next few blogs I want positive blogs about music. Thus I decided to write about the best songs of 2012.

After researching the best 2012 songs for a couple of hours, I feel much better about the future of pop music. My sources for this list are songs I've heard this year, playlistresearch.com and popmatters.com.

I hate when I see best of lists for a year that are released in November or early December. Obviously I'm breaking my own rule. However the nice thing about blogs is that they are living. In other words, I can continue adding songs to these blogs.

This list has no rules other than the song needed to have been released in the last year or so and is a great song. Good songs come from all genres. This list will include the most obvious songs of this year as well as some extremely obscure songs. I usually find the obscure songs from all the free amazon.com samplers that are available.

Two of the biggest songs of this year won't be on this list. I never became a fan of Gotye's "Somebody That I Used To Know". In fact, I think that's the most overplayed song of the year. I heard it today when I took my kids to get something to eat. Taylor Swift's "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" also won't be on this list.

So here goes, I hope you enjoy.

I'm starting off with a Justin Bieber song, this song isn't quite as good as I remember it. However it's still kind of cool. This version is sung by a band named Issues:



These two songs are close enough to count for 2012. Redlight King's "Bullet In My Hand":



The Black Keys amazing "Lonely Boy":



Umphrey's McGee's "Conduit":



Three Days Grace "Chalk Outline":



Green Day's "Oh Love":



No Doubt's "Looking Hot":



What's more unbelievable that Van Halen released a new CD this year or that it's actually good? Here are a couple of my favorite songs from "A Different Kind Of Truth":

"Stay Frosty":



"You and Your Blues":



The consistently excellent Bruce Springsteen, a couple of songs from "Wrecking Ball".

"Shackled and Drawn":



"We Take Care Of Our Own":



Mumford & Sons "Babel":



Another great Mumford & Sons great song, "I Will Wait":



A couple of songs from Shinedown's "Amaryllis", this is "Unity":



"Bully":



A couple from "Band of Skulls", this is "Sweet Sour":



"The Devil Takes Care of His Own":



The Vaccines "Teenage Icon":



The Heavy "What Makes A Man":



themusicaddict


No comments:

Favorites