Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Two Weeks Until Christmas: Good Tidings To You

Hello,

I promised myself that I'm going to enjoy Christmas time this year more than usual. One thing that gets me into the Christmas spirit is all the amazing Christmas music.

This song is "And He Shall Purify, which is from Handel's Messiah. The Messiah is one of the greatest pieces of musical composition ever. (Right up there with "The Wall", "Appetite For Destruction" and Led Zeppelin's "4".)



Of course this is the most famous song from Handel's Messiah, the Hallelujah Chorus:



amazon.com has The London Philharmonic's Messiah performance available now for only $5.00. In fact they have 100 Christmas CDs on sale now for only $5.00 each. Obviously these are the MP3s available, not the physical copies. Other Christmas CDs they have include The London Symphony's "Nutcracker". I knew there were some good songs from the "Nutcracker", but I didn't realize how many. Here's a couple of it's most famous songs. This is "March":



"Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy":



Also for $5.00 MP3s they have Rod Stewart's "Merry Christmas Baby", a couple of Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Christmas CDs (which come very highly recommended by me). My November 22nd blog was about TSO and I have many of their great songs featured there. However this is my favorite TSO song, "Wizards In Winter". "Wizards of Winter" isn't on one of the $5.00 Christmas CDs. However it's on the CD "The Lost Christmas Eve", which is $4.99. TSO is currently touring behind "The Lost Christmas Eve" CD.



Smash Mouth's "Gift of Rock" (yes, it's a Christmas album with more of a rock edge). Also amazon has Straight No Chaser's "Holiday Spirits", if you like your Christmas music sung in a capella. They do a great job with many of the songs they sing.

No, amazon.com doesn't pay me anything to promote them, however I like to recommend where good deals can be found. Also for a limited time, amazon.com has the Kindle version of the amazing "The Art of Racing In The Rain" for only $2.99. If you are looking for a great book to read, this is one. It does deal with some very adult themes, however in the end it's a feel good story. Don't let the fact that it's narrated by a dog stop you from reading this book. I strongly suggest you add "The Art of Racing In The Rain" to your Kindle before this deal ends. It literally is one of the Top 100 books I've ever read.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites