Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Is Run-D.M.C.'s "Raising Hell" The Greatest Rap CD of All-Time?

Hello,

Is Run-D.M.C.'s "Raising Hell" the greatest rap CD of all-time? I say "yes" and by a long distance. RIP Jam Master Jay.

Lauryn Hill's "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" is also an amazing CD. It's too bad she has stopped making new music.

Listening to these songs again has been fun. Thanks to my brother for getting me into this album, which is what they were called back in the day. These songs take me back to a good time in my life and also the mid-80's. That was right in the heart of some of the greatest music ever.

It's good to see rap music that not only rocks but the lyrics aren't offensive. This is probably at least a Top 500 all-time best CD in any genre.

The best song on "Raising Hell" is "It's Tricky":



Here's probably the most famous "Raising Hell" song. I post this video in spite of how tired I am of Steven Tyler. It's been amazing that he can turn just a few great songs into a career. This is the Run-D.M.C.'s improved on version of "Walk This Way":

Warning: the "acting" in this video is atrocious.



Let's not forget the title track, "Raising Hell":



"My Adidas":



"Hit It Run" (Live on "Soul Train"):



Perhaps the funniest song on the CD, "You Be Illin' ":



"Peter Piper":



"Perfection": (Thumbs up to any song that has the word copacetic in the lyrics.)

Here's a preview from MTV with the great Martha Quinn. This is back when MTV was relevant, I know for many of you youngsters you don't remember that.



Here's the full track in it's full fledged glory:



"Is It Live":



I've known a few "Dumb Girls":



"Son of Byford":



"Proud To Be Black"(Live on "Soul Train"):



Here's the CD "Raising Hell" in it's entirety:



A bonus song for you that was released around the same time as "Raising Hell" . It seems appropriate this time of year:



themusicaddict

2 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Justin M said...

Yes it is the greatest rap album of all time.

Favorites