Sunday, December 2, 2012

Things I'm Thankful For!

Hello,

I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, also known as LDS or Mormons. One thing I like about this church is the constant reminder to be grateful for the things we have in our lives.

Here's my list:
1) Although my religion is wildly misunderstood, I'm grateful to be a member. It has saved me from so many of my baser instincts.
2) I'm grateful for music. Many songs trigger memories of both happy and sad times in my life. I knew that I was recovering from my divorce when I could hear "Need You Now" and no longer have a lot of pain:



3) I love the Christmas season. I also love Christmas music!
4) I'm excited for "Les Miserables" finally being in movie theaters on Christmas Day:



5) I'm grateful for my kids. They bring a lot of joy to my life and keep me up with all the trends. If I didn't have kids, I wouldn't know all I know about Justin Bieber. I actually like this song:



6) I'm grateful for my job. After not being able to keep a job, I've had this job for 2.5 years now. It's a job I'll be able to keep as long as I want. The only thing that would make the job better is if the pay was more.
7) With being financially devastated by a divorce I'm so thankful I have a rent free place to live. Thanks Mom.
8) I'm so grateful for living in Utah, I love this place. I especially love where I live in West Bountiful, Utah. Such a nice and friendly neighborhood.
9) I'm so grateful for all the generous people in my life.
10) I'm grateful for the internet and all the things I can participate in because of it. I especially love amazon.com, wikipedia, blogger and espn.com.
11) I'm so grateful for reading. The ability to go anywhere at any time just by opening a book amazes me. I love my Kindle, but there's nothing like opening a book. I love how the weight and heft of a book in my hand and I love the new book smell.
12) I'm grateful for fettucini alfredo, doritos and my Mom's gringo tacos.
13) I'm grateful for exercise, especially because I love the foods mentioned above so much!
14) I know this will sound super sappy but I'm grateful for the ability to realize all the things I'm grateful for. I realize that things aren't as dire as I think they are.
15) I'm grateful for beautiful women, they certainly have a way of making life better. I have my eye on one specifically.





No comments:

Favorites