Monday, December 10, 2012

Kindle Vs. Books

Hello,

I've had my Kindle for 6 months now and I love it. I love that I can download samples from books to my Kindle immediately. I love the lower prices in buying Kindle books as compared to the actual book, in fact there are many free Kindle books. Reading on a Kindle is simple and nice, the Kindle is a very user friendly device. It's great that I can store all my books in amazon's cloud, but also keep a couple hundred of complete books on my Kindle. To transfer back and forth from the cloud to Kindle is very easy. I love that when I move it's so much easier to move a Kindle than several cases of books. The Kindle has a long battery life and is incredibly easy to recharge.

A couple of nights ago I was able to download Richard Lloyd Parry's "People Who Eat Darkness" on my Kindle. Then when I was ready to read it last night, it was there waiting for me.  I didn't have to go out in the cold night to pick it up.

I'm glad that the Kindle has Wi-fi and it's easy to connect to the Wi-fi in public places. I love when I took my daughter to the movies the other day I could take my Kindle with me. I was able to look for various books that I might be interested in and download more samples. It's easy to check out e-books from the library for the Kindle. I do wish the selection was bigger.

For instance I recently read Vince Flynn's "American Assassin" and I enjoyed it very much. Today I found out there's a sequel to that book "Kill Shot". I went to the library e-book site but "Kill Shot" isn't available at this point, in fact they only have one Vince Flynn e-book available. However with the actual book I can stop by and pick it up today.

However I love actual books as well. I love shopping for books. I love opening a new book and the smell that comes with it. I love holding them in my hands, the heft and feel of the book. The library has a much bigger selection of physical books. A book also never runs out of power.

Both the Kindle and actual books have their place. However when it comes to the actual act of reading I prefer books. However the best case scenario is to use both together for the best reading experience.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites