Saturday, December 15, 2012

Prettiest Songs of All-Time Part 2 (Updated 1/6/13)

Hello,

I apologize in advance if I duplicate songs in my prettiest songs of all-time blogs.

I was never a big fan of Oasis. I always thought the Gallagher brothers are obnoxious and arrogant. Frankly their music never lived up to that arrogance. However "Wonderwall" is truly is one of the best songs of all-time:



Again I'm not sure how Coldplay became such a big band. I was irritated that Chris Martin was even invited to sing at the Superstorm Sandy concert. But again "Yellow" is a pretty good song:



Lifehouse has several songs that could go on this list, this is "You and Me":



Here are a couple of James Bond themed pretty songs. First Shirley Bassey's "Diamond Are Forever":



Carly Simon's "Nobody Does It Better":



Chris DeBurgh's "Lady In Red":



The above song reminds me of a scene from the movie "Always", in which "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes" played:



The Platters version of "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes". This song is one of the all-time great fake out songs. The music is so sweet and pretty, but the lyrics are so heartbreaking.



James Taylor's "Fire And Rain":



Last night someone on Facebook wrote about this song. Little River Band's "Cool Change":



The Commodores "Sail On":



England Dan and John Ford Coley's "I'd Really Love To See You Again":



Boz Scaggs "Look What You've Done To Me":



Is this the prettiest song of all-time? James Ingram's "Just Once":



Billy Ocean's "Suddenly":



I realize that the Beatles originally sang this song, but I prefer Billy Ocean's version of "The Long and Winding Road":



The Beatles "While My Guitar Gently Weeps":



Simon and Garfunkel's "The Sound of Silence":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites