Monday, December 17, 2012

What I Won't Be Writing About Today 12/17/12

Hello,

Things I won't be writing about today:

- Gun control. I just don't know if a consensus is ever going to be reached on that issue.

- The Dallas Cowboys Super Bowl hopes. Somehow the Cowboys are winning, in spite of their head coach and terrible owner. The Cowboys have broken my heart too many times for me to completely believe in them. I'm not going to fully buy into them this time either. And I'll never fully buy into Jason Garrett, I have no confidence in him.

- The 49ers: now there's a fun team to watch. They have a solid defense and a solid offense, I loved watching them put a beat down on the Patriots last night. Although tip of the hat to the Patriots for coming back. I think Jim Harbaugh may be the best head coach in the NFL. The 49ers will be in good hands as long as he's their coach.

- The Seahawks or Broncos. I haven't ever been a big fan of either. In fact, I've hated the Broncos for many years, because living in Utah we were forced to watch their game every week. Then last season they had the most obnoxious player in the NFL. Thankfully they got rid of him and brought in one of the greatest quarterbacks of all-time. How can anyone hate Peyton Manning? But my son adopted the Broncos, so I'll always cheer for them a bit. Also my sister-in-law cheers for the Seahawks. She's been a big fan of them forever, she's not a bandwagon fan. However I will still be cheering for the 49ers when they play Seattle this week.

- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Although they are one of my three favorite NFL teams, what is there to say about them after their 41-0 beat down at the hands of the Saints yesterday? That same Saints team is going to Dallas to play the Cowboys this week. It will be an interesting contrast seeing the Saints's explosive offense against Dallas's injury depleted defense.

- Utah State or BYU football. Although congrats to the Aggies for going 11-2 and winning a bowl game. They clearly were the best college football team in Utah this season. BYU plays their bowl game on Thursday. I hope BYU wins. But the thing I'm most excited about is that Riley Nelson's career will finally be over. Other than Bronco Mendenhall, I don't think anyone will miss him.

- How much I'm loving the limited selection on TV. I love the Christmas season, but television is such a wasteland this time of year. It's hard to believe with so many channels and Comcast On Demand, there still isn't anything to watch. I'm not a big TV fan, but it's a good way to relax after a long day. I'm glad we still have new episodes of "Catfish, "Underemployed" and "Vegas". If you want to watch some very bad football, tonight's Monday Night Football is Jets-Titans. If you watch that game you are truly a diehard football fan.

- "Sarah's Key": This is the book I'm currently reading. I've read about the first third and I'm absolutely loving it. The thing I like the most is the juxtaposition of the stories of Sarah and Julia. For those that don't know Sarah's and Julia's stories alternate every other chapter. Sarah's story is about her and some of her family being rounded up by the French police for the Nazi's in 1942. Julia's story is about her writing about the 60th anniversary of this roundup, which started at the Vel' d' Hiv'. At first Julia's story was much more interesting to me, however now I'm liking both stories about the same now.

- The "Les Miserables" movie. I'm so looking forward to this movie and I hope they haven't screwed up. I'll be seeing this movie on opening day, Christmas Day. I just wish that Anne Hathaway was the one that was playing Cosette.

themusicaddict


No comments:

Favorites