Tuesday, June 8, 2021

(Finished June 8th, 2021) The Best of Contemporary Blues, Part 3: Songs 35-52

Hello,

I'm not sure how I missed Billy Gibbons', of ZZ Top, solo work. He has three solo, essentially blues CDs. The third of those three CDs came out June, 2021.  It's called "Hardware", which I think is a pretty cool title. The car on "Hardware's" cover is a homage to ZZ Top's heyday. For purposes of this blog I mean contemporary blues within the last 10 to 15 years.

This is a pretty cool song, it's called "I Was A Highway". I'm posting this video to show you the "Hardware" cover:

35) Robert Cray "Anything You Want":


36) JD McPherson "Lucky Penny":


37) Tinsley Ellis "Ice Cream In Hell":


38) Dave Alvin "Highway 61 Revisited": 


39) Billy Gibbons "My Baby She Rocks":


40) The Record Company "Baby I'm Broken":


41) Larkin Poe "Bleach Blonde Bottle Blues":


42) Joanne Shaw Taylor "Outlaw Angel":


43) Gin Wigmore "Devil In Me":


44) ZZ Ward "365 Days (The Summer's Over)":


45) July Talk "Guns + Ammunition":


46) Beth Hart "I'd Rather Go Blind":


47) ZZ Ward "Till The Casket Drops":


48) Joe Bonamassa "Blue and Evil":


49) Gin Wigmore "Black Sheep":


50) Smith/ Kotzen "Scars":

51) Samantha Fish "Lay It Down":

52) Joanne Shaw Taylor "Nothin' To Lose":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites