Saturday, June 12, 2021

(Started June 12th, 2021) earworms, part 2: Mostly Annoying Earworms

Hello,

This series of blogs is inspired by the March/April American Songwriter and the feature they have on earworms. I hope most of the songs I post are earworms to someone, but I have never published a blog about earworms specifically. As far as I know at least.

From that American Songwriter article, the first eight songs are their so-called worst earworms. I'm not saying they're bad, as I like a lot of these songs, but what other say are the worst earworms.

1) The Village People "Y.M.C.A.":

 No doubt about the fact that this song is catchy and it's tolerable in small doses. 2) The Baha Men "Who Let The Dogs Out":


3) Queen "We Will Rock You":


4) The Tokens "The Lion Sleeps Tonight":


I have no idea why anyone would think this is an annoying song. I think it's a great song and I love this version. 5) The "Mission Impossible" Theme:


6) Chili's "Baby Back Ribs":


7) The Kit Kat Bar jingle "Gimme A Break":


8) "It's A Small World After All":


These are other songs that might fit into the so-called worst earworms.

9) PSY "Gangnam Style":

10) "What Would You Do For A Klondike Bar":

11) The Black Eyed Peas "My Humps":

12) Los Del Rio "Macarena":

13) The Ohio Express "Yummy Yummy Yummy":

14) Herman's Hermits "Henry The Eighth, I Am":

Now this is an annoying song. I didn't realize how annoying it was until I listened to the full thing. 15) Crazy Frog "Axel F":

I like this song, but Charo was incredibly annoying. 16) Charo "La Cucharacha": 

I don't think this song is annoying at all, I think it's a pretty great song. 17) Rednex "Cotton Eyed Joe":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites