Monday, June 7, 2021

(Started June 7th, 2021) The Best of Contemporary Blues, Part 2: Songs 18-34

Hello,

I'm not sure how I missed Billy Gibbons, of ZZ Top, solo work. He has three solo, essentially blues CDs. The third of those three CDs comes out Friday, it is "Hardware". The car on the cover is a homage to ZZ Top's heyday. For purposes of this blog I mean contemporary blues within the last 10 to 15 years.

18) Gary Clark Jr. "Ain't Messin' Around":

19) Broken Witt Rebels "Running With The Wolves":


20) Broken Witt Rebels "Money":

21) The Black Keys "Tighten Up":

22) The Forest Rangers "All Along The Watchtower":

23) Beth Hart "Bad Woman Blues":

24) The Heavy "What Makes A Good Man":

25) Ayron Jones "Baptized In Muddy Waters":

26) Ayron Jones "Take Me Away":

27) The Revivalists "It Was A Sin":

28) Rival Sons "Electric Man":
29) Beth Hart "Love Is A Lie":
30) Beth Hart "Bang Bang Boom Boom":


31) The Revivalists "All My Friends":

32) July Talk "Summer Dress":

I know this is an old song but I love their modern take on this classic. 33) Gary Clark Jr. "Come Together":


34) Kenny Wayne Shepherd "Woman Like You":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites