Tuesday, June 29, 2021

(Started June 29th, 2021) Part 1 of Great Modern Rock (Mostly) Covers of Classic Songs

Hello, 

Why does taking a great song and adding a rock feel to it make a great song even better? For instance Three Days Grace "The Chain" is a great cover of a great original. I'm not saying it's better than the Fleetwood Mac original, both versions are great. 

1a) Three Days Grace "The Chain":

1b) Wild Fire "The Chain":

Not a rock cover, but still an amazing cover of this amazing Fleetwood Mac original. This has got to be one of the best covers of all-time. I especially love the harmonies. 1c) The Highwomen "The Chain":

2) Kon Kan "I Beg Your Pardon":

This cover is sorta meh. 3) Disturbed "If I Ever Lose My Faith In You":

4) Lizzy Hale, Maria Brink and Taylor Momsen "We Will Rock You":

5) Mark Morton and Lzzy Hale "She Talks To Angels":

6) Diamante and Breaking Benjamin "Iris":

I love how well their voices blend together. 7) Halsey and Kelsea Ballerini "Dreams":

8) Chris Cornell "Showdown":

9) Chris Cornell "Watching The Wheels":

I wasn't expecting much from this cover and it was pretty disappointing. I like some of Miley's music, but am I the only one that doesn't think she can sing? 10a) Miley Cyrus "Wish You Were Here":


Can Larkin Poe do better? Still nowhere as good as the original, but a step up from the above version. 10b) Larkin Poe "Wish You Were Here":


11) Smith & Myers "Rockin' In The Free World":


Not a big Nirvana fan, but that being said this is one of my favorite covers ever. 12) Nirvana "Where Did You Sleep Last Night":

13) The Ataris "The Boys of Summer":

14) Reel Big Fish "Take On Me":

15) Deftones "No Ordinary Love":

16) Disturbed "Sounds of Silence":

17) Tool "No Quarter":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites