Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Apple's MP3 69c sale expanded, "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" questions, U2

Hello,

Apple is now selling more than 69 songs for 69c each. They've actually broken them into 8 categories. Those categories are one-hit wonders, pop, 80's songs, 90's songs, alternative, rock, country and classic. In these categories they do have some good songs, but it may take a bit of work to find them.

Also one of the free songs today is John Lennon's "(Just Like) Starting Over". I'm not a big Beatles or John Lennon fan, but this is a great song. One of his last songs recorded before he was killed.

If anyone can explain to me what exactly is going on in Jonathan Safran Foer's "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close", I'd appreciate it. I took notes last night trying to understand what is going on. That cleared things up a bit, but I'm still confused by it for the most part.

One of themusicaddict's new favorite TV shows was on tonight. That show being "No Ordinary Family". Check it out, I think this show has a chance to be a big hit. I enjoyed tonight's episode again. I love everything about this show. I love the family that's the center of the show, the Powells. I love Jim's friend, George, who created a "lair" for him. The superhero part is actually the least interesting part of the show. Although I love how the creators tweak the superhero rules and image. There's some serious parts and some funny parts. But my favorite thing about the show is how the family seems like a real family. They have real challenges, the stories aren't tied up smoothly and the superhero powers bring as many problems as solutions. "Rubicon" is still my favorite new show, but I think "No Ordinary Family" is my second favorite new show.

Also "Caprica" returned to the air tonight. I wasn't overwhelmed by the first 10 episodes. I'm recording it if I decide I want to watch it.

Listening to "Achtung Baby" this morning driving to work. This is one of the Top 5 U2 songs ever. (And to think there are people who don't want to go see U2 in concert :) I love everything about the following song. The music is amazing, the lyrics are cool and I love the passion of Bono and The Edge's guitar playing. U2 comes to Salt Lake City on May 24th and The Fray will be opening. I won't be able to go, but that's kind of a disappointing opening act. The two times I saw U2 in concert, Rage Against The Machine opened the first time and No Doubt opened the second time.



Another great song from that CD:



Forgive my oldness: when this CD came out in November, 1991 this is when bands made albums, not a collection of singles. Other amazing songs on this CD include: "Even Better Than The Real Thing", "The Fly", "Mysterious Ways" and "Acrobat".

"Acrobat"



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites