Saturday, October 23, 2010

Check out this book: "Born To Run"

This is my friend's book, he's trying to draw attention to a book he has written. Check it out on facebook. Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=304984697029 He describes the book as: "I've written a novel called “Wilderness” which I'm sending out to agents (think "Calvin and Hobbes" written by Neil Gaiman)" He also says "one who friends the group will get any messages from me, they will just be helping a young aspiring novelist." I think that's a worthy cause.

Hello,

Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never SeenBorn to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Christopher McDougall




I started this book on October 22nd.

Page 84: The only reason I picked up this book is because it's the next monthly choice of the book club I'm going to start going to in November. In no way did I think this book about running of all things would be interesting. I've pleasantly been surprised. This is a gripping story about running and several other things shooting off that. I anticipate I'll be finished with this book easily before Halloween. This is one of the reasons I love book clubs. It forces me to read a book that I would have never read, perhaps I wouldn't even have heard of it.



View all my reviews

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites