Saturday, October 30, 2010

"Smallville", More of themusicaddict's Top 50


This is my friend's book, he's drawing attention to a book he has written. Check it out on facebook. Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=304984697029 He describes the book as: "I've written a novel called “Wilderness” which I'm sending out to agents (think "Calvin and Hobbes" written by Neil Gaiman)" He also says "one who friends the group will not get any messages from me, they will just be helping a young aspiring novelist." I think that's a worthy cause.

Hello,

I watched a couple of episodes of "Smallville" last night. As much I want to like the show, I can't quite commit to that. The stories are sort of stupid. But the thing that drives me crazy the most is when will Clark and Lois finally get together? Come on we all know that they are going to get together. I know they are delaying that to build drama, but the result is actually the opposite. I haven't watched this show for a few years and I have a feeling this boring story line has been going on for a long time. The Teri Hatcher/ Dean Cain "Lois and Clark" was so much better of a show. A lot of that was because Lois and Clark got together a lot quicker. Also the stories were better. However Erika Durrance is probably the most gorgeous woman on television now. (See above.)

More of the Top 50:

34) Violent Femmes: They are down 3 notches from my first Top 50 and I have 56 of their songs on my iTunes. This is the band from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I did see them in concert in the 90's and they were pretty good. I did a blog on their amazing first CD a couple of weeks ago, I'll forgo having a lot of their videos on this blog entry.

This is probably my favorite Violent Femmes song:



Another Femmes classic, the lyrics are less than wholesome.



33) White Stripes: They are down 4 notches and I have 56 of their songs on my iTunes. Jack and Meg White are not siblings, but they are actually a divorced couple. Jack has moved on and got remarried and formed two other bands. Meg just must be chilling as I haven't heard much from her lately. I think the White Stipes are still active. However their last tour was cut short by Meg's health.

Here's their best song:



Here's their live cover of a blues classic, Son House's "Death Letter Blues":



"Hotel Yorba"



32) Dixie Chicks: They are down 12 notches from my first Top 50 and I have 40 of their songs on my iTunes. The Dixie Chicks are the band that hates George Bush. Apparantally singer Natalie Maines isn't ready to go to back work yet, so the other two members formed their own band, Court Yard Hounds. Whether you agree with her politics or not Natalie Maines has one of the most amazing voices. I saw them in concert and they were okay. They played their most energetic song, "Goodbye Earl" and it seemed the show dragged after that. But they have so many amazing songs. Here are a few of them:

"You Were Mine", this song is truly heartbreaking.



"Goodbye Earl"



There weren't too many videos to choose from for this song; "Baby Hold On".



"A Cold Day in July":



The very angry "Not Ready To Make Nice":



Upcoming in no particular order: The self called "baldie", an amazing rocker, and the greatest reggae singer ever.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites