Sunday, October 31, 2010

Dallas is 1-6, Fire Wade Phillips, Brett Favre it's time to retire

This is a friend's book, "Wilderness" he's drawing attention to the book he has written. Check it out on facebook. Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=304984697029 He describes the book as: "I've written a novel called “Wilderness” which I'm sending out to agents (think "Calvin and Hobbes" written by Neil Gaiman)" He also says "one who friends the group will not get any messages from me, they will just be helping a young aspiring novelist." I think that's a worthy cause.

Hello,

Dearest Brett:

You've had a good run. You've given us a lot of good memories. You've battled like a warrior and there's nothing else the NFL fan can expect of you. Finish out this season or not, but it's time for you to retire. In the below picture you look like the old man you are. Your team is 2-6 and what else do you have to play for. Thanks for the memories!



The weekly joke that is the Dallas Cowboys continued as they were drilled at home 35-17. Dallas falls to 1-6 on the season. Dallas was outplayed in every category.

It's time to fire Wade Phillips immediately, why keep him anymore. I know the reason is to save money. But how good of an investment is that. The team is demoralized and at the rate they are playing now are on their way to a 1-15 season. At this point it wouldn't surprise that they Cowboys find a way to lose to Detroit. Can Dallas punt on this season.

Again this is how important it is to get a good solid head coach. Jerry you've got to get the best coach for this team. Rumors about John Fox possibly being the next Dallas Cowboys coach makes me want to roll my eyes. Jerry I know you had to share the glory with Jimmy Johnson when he was your coach, but didn't he win three Super Bowls for you? The title that Dallas won with Barry Switzer had more to do with Jimmy Johnson than Switzer. Jerry was it better to have your team winning Super Bowls or to pretend like your a GM?

Then your ego got in the way and you parted ways with Johnson, other than Bill Parcells, it's been one mediocre coach after another.

My recommendations 1) Fire Wade Phillips now, hasn't he done enough damage? Do you like your team being a NFL punchline? I was glad for Phillips being a good defensive coach. But after the team gave up 76 points in two HOME games I'm beginning to question that. 2) Build for the future now. Don't scout future opponents, it doesn't matter anyway. Start scouting free agents and for the draft. There's a great chance you are going to get a good draft pick. You might be able to even get a real quarterback. 3) If any of your big studs get injured don't rush them back for this season. 4) Get a good offensive coordinator. I think Jason Garrett has proved he's nothing more than a mediocre offensive coordinator. When San Diego fires Norv Turner, maybe you can get him as the OC. 5) It's time to go out and get a clutch quarterback. It's time for Tony Romo to be demoted to second string. Dallas isn't ever going to win anything significant with him as their quarterback. I know his stats look good, except for the stat that matters most- victories in the postseason. 6) One of the most important changes though is to get a solid offensive line. Whoever the quarterback is, he needs to have more time to make good passes. Also an O-line is needed to establish the run, which in turn will take pressure off the quarterback. Also many of the current O-linemen are breaking down. Get a couple of stud offensive linemen in the draft or free agency.

Also Jerry Jones has apologized to the fans as well as he should. Now if he's truly contrite, he needs to fire himself, Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett immediately. I see that Jones has studied other teams and it doesn't help them to make coaching changes in the middle of the season. To which I have two questions 1) What teams are you talking about? 2) If you fired the three previously mentioned people, really how could it hurt? This team is just playing out the string now. The team has quit and honestly who can blame them? When you go to battle, the full effort should be put into it so that your team has the best chance for success.

I know a lot of people will read this and say I don't know what I'm talking about. However watching Dallas play this season, I'm thinking the same thing about the people making the decisions for the Cowboys this season. I don't know a lot about football but I know enough that I would have never hired Wade Phillips as head coach. Of course to me as a fan, it's more important that my team wins than Jerry's ego gets satiated.


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites