Thursday, October 14, 2010

Band of Skulls, Motley Crue vs. Nickelback: And the winner is...

Hello,

Sometimes themusicaddict is a bit slow. This song is about 18 months old and I'm just barely discovering it, thanks to the shuffle feature on my iTunes. This song has blown up my iPod lately. Check it out and enjoy it. This sounds like the kind of song that is featured in an iPod ad. The song is called "I Know What I Am".



A song that played on my iTunes today was this song:



That made me long to see the Crue again instead of Nickelback a first time. A classic rock and roll band vs. a wanna be rock band. At least that's my perception now, maybe it will change after seeing them in concert Wednesday night. Good thing Three Days Grace and Buckcherry are playing or this could be a completely worthless concert.



Granted the above is a good song and it looks like their performance is energized. But what's up with the whole sunburn thing and was that supposedly Satan laughing. They must have learned that in RockStar 101. A class I'm guessing they failed. Where's the devil horns?, scantilly clad women (I wouldn't call them ladies), 15 minute solos, flashpots (oh yeah I saw plenty of those)?

Although they are looking and sounding good (considering this was probably recorded on a phone) in this video:



The version I heard of Nickelback's "Far Away" is one of the wussiest songs ever. I won't make you see it on my blog. Now is Nickelback the worst rock band ever? No! However they are nowhere near the best either. This will satisfy my rock concert craving a little bit but won't leave me satiated. One plus for Nickelback is Chad Kroeger sounds better in concert than Vince Neil, of course Neil is about 150 years old.

Overall though Motley Crue is a cooler and much superior band. How many members of Motley Crue can you name compared to Nickelback? Un huh I thought so. Who has the cooler name, the Crue by far. Nickelback? Allegedly the band name came from someone working at Starbucks and the change was many times a nickel back. How rockstar is that?

Now if you are going to do a power ballad, this is a good one:



Here's another real power ballad:



Another Motley Crue classic (I'm not a doctor, so I can't guarantee that you won't get a STD watching this video, please practice safe eyes) :



Here's another one, okay they are doing all the rock and roll cliches (almost to the point of parody) and way too much lowest common denominator theatrics. Also boys you can be a real rock band without dropping the f bomb repeatedly. It's called creativity. If I want to hear the f bomb I'll go out where the smokers are at my job. I can hear that word for free.



The first few notes of the above song pull you right into the live experience and lets you know you are about to get your butt kicked.

Here's some very old school Crue:



Motley Crue you need to come to Salt Lake one more time before you all fall apart. None of this 90 minutes show like on your Carnival of Sins tour. We want a 2.5 hour show where you'll play all your great songs. Like this one for instance:



And this one:



This song is an amazing song:



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites