Monday, October 4, 2010

"The Event", "Hawaii Five-0"

Hello,

"The Event" continues to be disappointing and not particularly original. The passengers who everyone thought was dead WERE REALLY ALIVE. Who didn't see that coming a mile away?

Good things about "The Event": Blair Underwood makes a great President, there are some gorgeous women in the show and ?

Bad things: The story is okay, but nothing that would get me raving to all my friends to watch. (Those shows would be the amazing "Mad Men" and "Rubicon". AMC rules!) It's not the best show ever, it's not the worst show ever. It just leaves me lukewarm. This show had way too much hype coming into the season and it's simply not living up to it. Also how far can this story go, would each new season have a new "Event"?

I'm really on the border about whether I'm going to continue to watch this show.

Following that, on a different network, is "Hawaii Five-0". Good things about this show, it probably has the best theme song ever. There is a nice chemistry among the cast, I like where they hang out at the end of each show. There are some story lines that they are developing, but they aren't critical for you to enjoy an individual show. Another great thing is Grace Park, seriously is she not one of the most gorgeous woman working right now.



Bad things about "Hawaii Five-0". This show has extremely long commercials. While I enjoy the cast and their chemistry, the show could have a little more sizzle. It also helps that this show didn't come into the season with a lot of buzz. Great expectations could have sunk this show like I think it's going to sink "The Event".

While I'm not completely sold on this show, I will continue watching it.

No comments:

Favorites