Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Buckcherry tonight!

This is my friend's book, he's trying to draw attention to a book he has written. Check it out on facebook. Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=304984697029 He describes the book as: "I've written a novel called “Wilderness” which I'm sending out to agents (think "Calvin and Hobbes" written by Neil Gaiman)" He also says "one who friends the group will get any messages from me, they will just be helping a young aspiring novelist." I think that's a worthy cause.

Hello,

I'm looking forward to tonight's Buckcherry concert and rocking the night away. "15" has been my drive music the last couple of days. Although Nickelback is the headliner, I'm much more excited in seeing Buckcherry. In my opinion they are a far more superior band. They have more great songs, at least 10. Nickelback has two great songs and several good/okay songs. In getting ready for the concert I was listening to Nickelback's music. I'd never realized how similar sounding their songs are. Again I don't think Nickelback is terrible, I just think that the concert order should be switched. I think Nickelback should open, then Three Days Grace and then the headliner should be Buckcherry.

Again I'm not a Nickelback hater, I just think they are overrated. In a world where rock music (not necessarily good rock music) is at a premium, any rock music is embraced. I think we see that with Nickelback. In my opinion $70 for one Nickelback ticket is way overpriced, they are more in about the $40 range.

Even Three Days Grace has more good songs than Nickelback. My favorite Three Days Grace songs: "The Good Life", "Bitter Taste", "World So Cold", "Pain", "Break" and "Wake Up". "Wake Up" is a blisteringly angry song, I don't want to meet the person that inspired that song. In fact their most recent CD, "Life Starts Now" is pretty good. Although I'm not sure why they play after Buckcherry. Three Days Grace is obviously a band where the main songwriter has had a rough love life. That seems to be the predominant theme, at least on their most recent CD.

1) "I Hate Everything About You"
2) "Break"
3) "The Good Life" I wish this was their set closer.
4) "World So Cold"
5) "Pain"
6) "Home"
7) "Last to Know"
8) "Never Too Late"
9) "Riot"
10) "Animal I Have Become"

The last, and only, time I went to a concert and was more excited about seeing one of the pre headliner acts was several years ago. That concert featured The Counting Crows as the headliner and the Wallflowers were the middle act. At the time the Wallflowers were coming off their amazing CD "Bringing Down The Horse". I thought that the Wallflowers were slightly better that night, but I left the concert being a big Counting Crows fan. They remain one of my favorite bands to this day, I'm actually a much bigger Counting Crows fan than a Wallflowers fan now.

Of course themusicaddict will be publishing a review of the concert in the next couple of days. (I don't think there will be any "Great Gatsby" references either".)

I probably won't be writing anymore about the baseball postseason. The four remaining teams I'm just not interested in. No combination of the four teams would make an interesting World Series for me. Although I'm glad that both Philadelphia and New York have fallen behind. I would like to know what Texas is doing to be undefeated playing on the road in the playoffs.

Also last night's episode of "No Ordinary Family" was good again. After only a few episodes it continues to be one of the best new shows of this season. Again the characters are great, I love the show's sense-of-humor and I love the focus on the family. I know I've written this before but in spite of the four main characters having super powers I love how the focus is more on the family not the superpowers. (Sorry about that ungainly sentence.)

Rock on, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites