Tuesday, May 24, 2011

1 year anniversary of divorce

Hello,

Today is the 1 year anniversary of my divorce and still the remnants of the consequences continue on. I just finished filling out the forms to hopefully complete a short sale for my former house I haven't lived in in 13 months. I'm still not sure how that became my responsibility. My kids will be moving in with their maternal grandmother in time for school. I'm glad my kids were able to live in that house to give them some transition time for their new living arrangements.

There are still emotional scars from the divorce as well, it slows me down from wanting to move on to relationships with other women. I also have a lot of negative feelings towards my ex still. Divorce sucks and it's lasting consequences aren't so easy to deal with. Divorce is such a strange beast, so different than marriage. As my counseler pointed out, there's not a ceremony to mark it's end. It just ends. I was divorced for three days before I even knew my divorce was final.

I know there's currently a youtube.com page and a movement called "It gets better" which is directed to gay kids who are dealing with all the issues that they have. However the "It gets better" could also apply to anybody that is divorced. Although it scars you, causes financial problems and one has to deal with a person they formerly loved, IT GETS BETTER. It really does! I'm not going to lie to you the first few months are rough, quality counseling will help minimize the pain. It also will help you learn not to repeat mistakes in future relationships. I also don't care why you divorced, everyone gets divorced for a reason. No one is blameless.

Also if you share kids, that adds another element to the divorce trauma. If you divorce without kids, that makes life easier for everyone involved.

I thought today would be a day of celebration, but it has been a much more sad day than I expected. Divorce sucks, there's no way around it.

For some clarification, my ex-wife is no where as bad as these songs. Also my life isn't even close to being this bad. Thanks to some great parents, I'm actually in a pretty good position. Although I still don't have any money, but unfortunately either do my kids.

"Going Through The Big D":



Tim McGraw's "Do You Want Fries With That?"



Jerry Reed's "She Got The Goldmine (I Got The Shaft)"



themusicaddict

1 comment:

jannet watson said...

I am jannet,from what I can read. It has been sad news and scam to everyone about Voodoo casters or so. But to me they are so real cause one worked for me not quite two weeks.i met this man on a blog his name is MERUJA OWO is a very powerful man.I traveled down to where his shrine his and we both did the ritual and sacrifice.he had no website site, and now me and my ex are living very ok now.I don't know about you but Voodoo is real;love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,diabetic voodoo,hypertensive voodoo,high cholesterol voodoo,Trouble in marriage,Barrenness(need a child),Luck, Money Spells,it's all he does. I used my money to purchase everything he used he never collected a dime from. He told me I can repay him anytime with anything from my heart. Now I don't know how to do that. If you can help or you need his help write him on (nativedoctor101@live.com) i belive that your story will change,or if you have any question you can contact me here as dorispinto101@yahoo.com Thank you.

Favorites