Monday, May 2, 2011

Osama Bin Laden is dead.

Hello,

I usually try to keep things light on this blog, but there are some things that are so significant I feel that I have to comment on them. The assassination of Osama Bin Laden yesterday is one of those things.

First of all I would like to say:



I'm one of those patritotic, flag waving Americans that loves America. I count my blessings everyday that I can live in this great country. Of course America has it's problems and this is in no way a blog against other countries. I believe there are many great countries world wide. But this blog isn't about that either.

While I hate the loss of almost any human life, I was very glad for the death of Osama Bin Laden. Does that make me a bad person? I hope not. I liked how President Obama highlighted how Bin Laden wasn't a Muslim but was a terrorist. Although there's some question about whether Bin Laden being buried at see was in line with Muslim teachings, I'm glad that was at least considered. This level of thought shows that a lot of planning went into this operation. I'm glad they are limiting the places where a memorial for Bin Laden can be established.

Thanks goes out to the American military for their many sacrifices overall, especially in tracking down Bin Laden. How elite are these Navy Seals that tracked him down and killed him? Thanks to the military and their families, you are the true American heroes. In a world where some pretty insignificant things are considered heroic, these folks are the true heroes.

Also my prayers go out to all those Americans out in the world. I beg you to be careful and you are in my prayers.

I do think the whole contraversey over should they release the pictures of the now dead Bin Laden is a bit ridiculous. These pictures are suppose to provide proof that he's really dead. However with all the technology out there, these pictures would be easy to fake. In fact, within just a few hours fake pictures were circulating on the internet. So while the pictures may have been legitimate, there will always be doubters. It's either you believe President Obama or you don't. I choose to believe him on this extremely historic day.

God Bless America,

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites